Kindle Forum banner

Have you received the K2 Update 2.0.3 automatically or otherwise?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No sign of the K2 update 2.0.3 for me.  I've had my K2 hooked to power with Whispernet turned on since April 20th when the update came out.  I uninstalled the font hack and did a 'return to factory defaults' just in case there were any extraneous files that might interfere.

I want to give it every chance to come automatically from Amazon but need to know if I'm the last person on the face of the earth to be without the update.  I wouldn't care so much normally, but I want to re-install the font hack which was marvelous.

Please share your experiences on this subject with me.  You can vote now if you don't have the update yet and come back to change your vote when and if it arrives on your Kindle.

DD

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ak rain said:
it has not shown up in my log in area to be able to download via USB as WN is not an option.
sylvia
I've added an option for those who do not have Whispernet. Sorry I overlooked this possibility.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I don't know if this counts as receiving it automatically or not.  I just turned on my whispernet synced and checked for items and it downloaded the update.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I woke mine out of sleep mode this morning and viola! there it was.
It certainly wasn't there last night when I checked.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Susan in VA said:
Hmmm... mine says "Version 2.0 (and then nine digits in parentheses)"... what are those?
Looks like you missed Update 2.0.2 which has been out since right after the K2 was released. You can find it on the Kindle support page at Amazon.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forster said:
I don't know if this counts as receiving it automatically or not. I just turned on my whispernet synced and checked for items and it downloaded the update.
Yes, that would be automatic.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ak rain said:
I can't change my vote.
sylvia
M-m-m, I chose "allow voters to change their vote" when I set it up. Now, it won't let me view that option to check on it. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Googlegirl said:
I woke mine out of sleep mode this morning and viola! there it was.
It certainly wasn't there last night when I checked.
I hope I am that lucky. I check it several times a day. ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I did a manual update about 2 hours ago, after having spent the week without my font of choice (removed font hack Monday evening when I saw the thread about an update). I tried check and sync at least once per day in the interim, left my Whispersync enabled, etc. I didn't try buying a book since May's book budget won't kick in until, well, May.  :D

Oh, sweet Arial Round Narrow, I may be your only supporter, but I do love you dearly.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
chevauchee said:
I did a manual update about 2 hours ago, after having spent the week without my font of choice (removed font hack Monday evening when I saw the thread about an update). I tried check and sync at least once per day in the interim, left my Whispersync enabled, etc. I didn't try buying a book since May's book budget won't kick in until, well, May. :D

Oh, sweet Arial Round Narrow, I may be your only supporter, but I do love you dearly.
I feel the same way and I've been without my beloved 'readable' fonts since Mon. evening also. I'll hold out til this Mon. and then it's off to Mobilread or a call to CS.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Mine updated automatically on 23rd but I was going to do it manually if update didn't come on that day. I was losing my patient. I wanted to put back my screen hack back and wanted to try the font hack that everyone is talking about.  ;)  For update 2.0.2, I updated manually the day it was available to do so.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I updated mine manually as soon as the link to download it was available. Because I use the screensaver hack, I prefer to remove it and apply the update as soon as possible, so I don't have to worry about it automatically trying to install while the screensaver hack is still in place.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.