Kindle Forum banner

Are we flocking to Starbucks enmasse? I'm sure they will be thrilled!!

• YES

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • NO

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • UNDECIDED

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • No STARBUCKS in my Area

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other:

Votes: 1 0.8%
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to go. (Going only if both my parents are OK and don't need me; Dad in hospital now).

Main reason I am going: because my family is sick to death of me talking about my Kindle. Now I'll have K newbies to talk with.

*Though I must say that Dunkin Donuts is way more popular in these parts than Starbucks; about appx. 15 to 1. Starbucks should offer us a promo (like a free kindlebook; for bringing in business...lol.)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I was going to but I think now I won't be. I wonder if anybody in Canada will actually be doing such a thing.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I'll be at the Starbucks at 1080 Forest Avenue, Portland, Maine, USA if anyone wants to join me!

L

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The closest Starbuck's is almost an hour from here.  I'm not a huge Starbuck's fan at all so I'm going to a great new coffee shop about 15 min from home.  Those of you who don't have a Starbuck's or don't like Starbuck's.... find a koffee shop you do like and still join us.  Take your Kindle and a laptop if you can and meet in the KB chat.  And, if you don't like coffee shops at all..... how about the nearest Dairy Queen/ice cream shop.  Kindlers are a creative/resourceful bunch!! 

·
Registered
921 Posts
I've seen two or three people on here from Saint Louis besides myself (are there more?). Don't know if anyone is interested in meeting at one of the Starbucks. There's a Starbucks on South Kingshighway at Chippewa and one on Watson (right at the bifurcation of Chippewa and Watson). I'm up for it if anyone wants to show up. Just give me a time.

EDIT NOTE: If Starbuck's doesn't work, I'm up for any place that's good for you. There is a Bread Company right across from Starbucks on Watson and one in the Central West End. Can you tell what area of town I'm in? I'm actually on the Hill, but I can travel pretty much any where that works.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
There is a Panera's at Robinson Township near Pittsburgh if anyone wants to meet there.
deb

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not a Starbucks fan... there is a Dunkin Donuts 2 minutes from my house...oh well.  I'll pop in for a chai...just to glance around and see if there are any Kindles out and about.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll be at the Starbucks at 16th and Blake Streets in downtown Denver for the Starbucks Kindle Day.  I understand from Harvey that jwilker will be there, too. I look forward to meeting you!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I am still undecided, cuz I work nights (maybe the night before) or if I don't work the night before I'm going to a signing. Whether or not I have my car adds to my going. If I go I am going to a Starbucks towards the center of the city.

In Vegas I'll be at the Starbucks at the northeast corner of the intersection of Torrey Pines and Charleston. Its right across the street from the College of Southern Nevada and right next door to a Mccafe, if Starbucks isn't your thing. There's also a Denny's in the same shopping area.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll be at the Starbucks on 183 and Lake Creek Parkway in Austin, TX.  Hope to see at least one Kindler besides myself, LOL.  Otherwise I'm considering taking my laptop to join the chat.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Am I missing something? I have not heard of Starbucks Kindle Day. There is a Starbucks near me I could go to. What is this about?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'd totally join in, but I don't have a Kindle yet! I also have work too though, so it wouldn't have worked out. I also reside in the St. Louis area.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Barring short-notice work, I'm in.    There are lots of SBX nearby but I'd probably go to the one on Frontier Road next to Springfield Mall.  Or maybe Panera's at Kingstowne.  If anyone else in the Northern Virginia area is doing this, I'm open to driving a bit further afield also.

G

·
There is a Starbucks a couple blocks down the street from me and I would go but I'll be on my way out of town to go see Peter Tork in concert. Next time for sure! :)

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I would love to take part. I live in Queens I am not sure how many people would know about this and be there. I will be at the Starbucks at 3144 Steinway Street Astoria NY.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts