Kindle Forum banner

Which of the two book covers do you prefer?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting the finishing touches on a new choose-your-own-adventure, and it's been a long time since I've been here on Kboards. I feel like Tom Hanks at the end of Castaway.

The genre is a bit hard to pin down (seeing as it's a choose-your-own-adventure), but it's a science-fiction comedy with elements of silly horror. I'm not sure if that's a genre.

Cover #1

Cover #2

Thanks for taking the time!

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Neither.  They are not speaking to me at all.
What genre?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also, to respond to those who asked about the genre, well it's a bit hard to pin down (seeing as it's a choose-your-own-adventure), but I guess my best attempt would be to say a science-fiction comedy with elements of silly horror.  I'm not sure if that's a genre. 

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
You need something that says comedy. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to everyone who has replied... I've already got more votes than I would have expected in a short time.

And thanks to people for their constructive criticism--I see how the cover art doesn't seem like a comedy at all.  However, I do want it to be in the same style as the last couple choose-your-own-adventure books I've released, and since this will be the last CYOA that we'll be releasing, I don't want to change the style.  Or I guess I could change all of them.  Looking at my signature below, neither "The Adventures of Whatley Tupper" or "The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok" look like comedies.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Anyhow, thanks again.  If it's not too late, I'm going to add a third option to the poll: don't like either!  God bless the internet for how honest people can be.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
rudykerkhoven said:
Thanks to everyone who has replied... I've already got more votes than I would have expected in a short time.

And thanks to people for their constructive criticism--I see how the cover art doesn't seem like a comedy at all. However, I do want it to be in the same style as the last couple choose-your-own-adventure books I've released, and since this will be the last CYOA that we'll be releasing, I don't want to change the style. Or I guess I could change all of them. Looking at my signature below, neither "The Adventures of Whatley Tupper" or "The Redemption of Mr. Sturlubok" look like comedies. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Anyhow, thanks again. If it's not too late, I'm going to add a third option to the poll: don't like either! God bless the internet for how honest people can be.
Silly question do the other two books sell very well or are they overlooked?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cinisajoy said:
Silly question do the other two books sell very well or are they overlooked?
Not a silly question at all! Whatley Tupper used to sell pretty well (by rather humble standards) and the other one not as much, although I haven't made any attempt to market either one in a couple of years. Now that I'm getting ready the last one, I'm trying to make more of a concerted effort with this. Whatley Tupper was my first ebook and there are times that I think the cover should be changed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.