Kindle Forum banner

When reading books on Kindle, what font size do you prefer?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your preferred font size for reading books?

If you change between two font sizes for reading, pick the one font size that you use most often.

Tell us why you do/don't like the other size font options.

Do you notice any changes to the formating of books when you change the font size?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I started off using 3 but now use 4 most often.  I haven't noticed any formatting issues.

For me anything smaller than 3 would make me strain too much to read.  4 just seems perfect.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I rarely use anything other than 3.  When my eyes bother me, like tonight, I will go to 4.  I have not seen any changes.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I use 4 as well.  I can even read it with my glasses with that!

For me, the first two sizes could be eliminated. I'm no spring chicken anymore  :-\

Marci

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I start with 1 and stop reading when I hit 4

with DTB when my eyes got tired I would just stop reading, (after about 3 hours).

With "The Kindle" I could read all night (and not move a muscle which I don't think

its to healthy).

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I use 4 most of the time, but I like 3 better.  With three, I don't fly through a page so fast.  Using 4 is more restful for my eyes so that's what I use. 

·
Registered
384 Posts
4 is comfortable for me.  I had not thought of upping the size when my eyes got tired. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Most of the time I'm on 2.  I read pretty fast and at that font I don't have to press the buttons so much.  There are some books I have to go up to 4 on due to the font.  I'm still seeking a comfortable size when I auto-scroll (I really wish there was some adjustment to the speed).

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I use 4 most of the time, and occasionally 3. I would really like a 3.5, that would be perfect for me. I was also wondering if the ink technology makes it impossible to change the contrast, possibly by making the "paper" more or less white.

Steve

G

·
stevene9 said:
I use 4 most of the time, and occasionally 3. I would really like a 3.5, that would be perfect for me. I was also wondering if the ink technology makes it impossible to change the contrast, possibly by making the "paper" more or less white.

Steve
Same here 3 or 4 are good. If my light level is low I'll bump it up.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I use 4 most of the time.  I like 6 for bible study then only a couple of verses are on the page and I can keep my place better.

My eyes are not great.  I have a DTV large print bible.  If I can get by on level 4 now I will have something to move up to when I cannot read at that level.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I, too, am a "4" most of the time. Although it partly depends on the publisher: they often still include font size specifications in their code for the books, and that sometimes slightly hoses up the font change feature (usually you have to select a higher font size than you should). But what the heck - it's a lot easier for me to read than a regular book!

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I like 1, I like to see as much of the page as possible. I need my reading glasses unless I am in very bright light,
then I don't need any.  ;D

·
Registered
223 Posts
I read most comfortably on Font Size 4.

But I do a lot of highlighting in books I read, and I change the font size to 1 when highlighting in order to get as much of the passage as possible on 1 page.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I use size six as it makes it much easier for me to stay focused on what I'm reading. I've tried the other sizes but I have a difficult time justifying using them when a larger size is so readily available.

The difference that the font sizes have on formatting is that the larger the font you use the more noticeable the gaps between the words will be.

·
Registered
552 Posts
With my aging eyes, it is usually on  4 unless I have had a really long day reading briefs then usually it is larger for bedtime reading.  Of course I'm clicking "next page" a lot more often then  ::)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts