Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!  I'm new here...just registered.  I've been watching/reading for a few days.  I just ordered my kindle on Dec. 11 and chose free shipping...totally should have paid for quicker shipping.  Oh well...they say it should arrive on the 24th?  I'm wondering when/if Oberon will come out with a pond kindle cover...I LOVE dragonflys...do they have a purse?  What does the "green" color look like since fern looks like green to me...

Waiting for my Kindle (WFMK)....

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome Pawlaw!

Congratulations on your pending Kindle!  Wait, is that a new Kindle?  Ordered Dec 11, arriving Dec 24th?  Can that be right? 

Check out the website for Oberon www.oberondesign.com, it will answer some of your questions.  I don't think there's a dragonfly kover yetm, but you can ask them about it!

Betsy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome!  Still new to forums like this so bear with me  ;)  Yes, believe it or not, I've been looking at kindles for a while now and didn't want to pay huge prices on ebay, so i just happened to be looking at Amazon on the 11th (for the 7th day straight) and all of a sudden, they appeared (mine is refurbished  ;D).  they are gone now...disappeared within minutes.  They say I won't be able to tell the difference between not refurbished and refurbished and I'm hoping after a while, she (my new kindle) won't feel inferior anymore...hee hee.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Welcome pawlaw!! You'll fit in here just fine. :) Congrates on ordering your kindle! Oh, the waiting, the anticipation....I ordered my kindle last April. Now, even though I have a fairly new red M-edge cover, I am so anxiously waiting for my Oberon Cover & skins, which I ordered last Friday. Someone ordered a green Oberon cover & said it was pea green. You'll have to look in the threads to see which one. I think it was the Avenue of Trees , the lighter green cover. Maybe you could just email Oberon Design if you have any questions.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Toby - thanks!  Yes, I just emailed Oberon...I had lots of questions  ;D  I will look in the threads for the avenue of trees...actually I just ordered that exact one a few days ago, avenue of trees.  after that, I noticed the dragonfly...i'm also looking for strangedogs dragonfly cover, metallic black.  he said yesterday that he is out of town and will be back tomorrow, planning on making more of his covers by the end of the week...i'm hoping that means he will have them on the website shortly.  man, those must sell out QUICKLY from what i've read!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
pawlaw said:
Thank you for the welcome! Still new to forums like this so bear with me ;) Yes, believe it or not, I've been looking at kindles for a while now and didn't want to pay huge prices on ebay, so i just happened to be looking at Amazon on the 11th (for the 7th day straight) and all of a sudden, they appeared (mine is refurbished ;D). they are gone now...disappeared within minutes. They say I won't be able to tell the difference between not refurbished and refurbished and I'm hoping after a while, she (my new kindle) won't feel inferior anymore...hee hee.
Didn't mean to imply that your Kindle would be inferior if it were not new, just was shocked a bit! We have several members who have received their reborn Kindles and they cannot determine any difference!!! Wahoo! Be sure to go over to the I'm waiting for my Kindle thread so we can go on Kindle Watch with you!

Betsy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Betsy - Oh NO!  Not offended at all...I'm so happy to know that others have said there is no difference...it was I who was worried about that  :D  Hopping over now!  woo hoo....happy, happy, happy! ;D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Howdy!  Thanks for the welcome!  So happy to be here.  You will never guess what all I've been doing! :D :D  I don't even have my kindle yet, but I've purchased an oberon cover (ave. of trees), two skins (one just wasn't enough), and 4 books.  My husband is out of town...won't he be suprised when he gets back??  ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Congrats on the new Kindle - and no, you will not be able to tell it is a reborn one. I have one and it is perfect in every way.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh good, I was worried there would be some glitch and the reborn kindle would only display science fiction books or something....just kidding  ;D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all - I emailed Oberon on the pond kindle cover and thought I would pass along what Dan Tucker said in his email...perhaps it would affect someone else, too?  I asked them if/when they were going to come out with the pond design in a kindle cover and whether they would offer other colors...

"We decided to limit the colors and images for 2008 so that we don't fall behind and disappoint people with backorders. Typically we make all our leather products 'to order'. By limiting the colors and images we can, maybe, work ahead a bit to keep abreast of the wonderful demand. We haven't decided yet whether we will offer all of our catalog images, but we will expand what we are currently offering in 2009."

Perhaps someone has already passed along this information so I apologize if it is a repeat...what a nice guy!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes - one GREAT Christmas present...my husband actually technically bought it for me...i was the one who had to find it at a reasonable cost and click before someone else grabbed it!  ;D  He (my husband) is very pleased with his purchase...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes, the Pond cover is a nice one. On the off chance that Oberon reads this forum, I'd love to see the Sun and Forest covers in a Kindle version. Just saying: it can't hurt to throw that out there.  ;)

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
paisley said:
Yes, the Pond cover is a nice one. On the off chance that Oberon reads this forum, I'd love to see the Sun and Forest covers in a Kindle version. Just saying: it can't hurt to throw that out there. ;)
Write to them directly. There is a contact link on their website. They are looking to do new designs for 2009 and I'm sure they'll take into consideration what people have asked for. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
60 Posts
paisley said:
Yes, the Pond cover is a nice one. On the off chance that Oberon reads this forum, I'd love to see the Sun and Forest covers in a Kindle version. Just saying: it can't hurt to throw that out there. ;)
but then I would not be able to decide between Pond and Forest!!

When I spoke with Oberon on the phone yesterday, he said that Pond was at the top of the list for 2009 but they were making a couple adjustments to make it better, not sure what changes, just BETTER. Now, what skin to pick when I can finally order Pond???

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
dixielogs said:
but then I would not be able to decide between Pond and Forest!!

When I spoke with Oberon on the phone yesterday, he said that Pond was at the top of the list for 2009 but they were making a couple adjustments to make it better, not sure what changes, just BETTER. Now, what skin to pick when I can finally order Pond???
Dixielogs, welcome to Kindleboards and congratulations on your first post!

Thanks for the info about the Pond Kover. And I'm sure some of our decalgirl afficionados can make suggestions for a skin! You're going to fit in here just fine in Accessories!

Be sure to head over to Introductions and tell us a bit about yourself and your Kindle!

And check out the Book Corner and our book recommendations and Book Klubs!

Betsy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi all!  I purchased two skins because I just couldn't decided on one  :)  If you take one off, can you reuse it or is it ruined at that point?

i'm so glad to hear about Pond being high on the list for 2009!  Thanks for the info...I'm hoping they can put the dragonfly button on the front instead of the square one that seems to be on all the kindle covers...I wonder why they put that same button on all the kindle covers?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts