Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is crazy. We're adding a Portland stop to my schedule. This Sat., March 16 @ 4pm at the Powells downtown location. If you know people who live in the area, please send them my way! I begged to add this stop due to reader demand, and now the pressure is on to deliver! (I'm also giving up the only free day I had in the 17-day trip).

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Powell's is Mecca for book lovers in the northwest! I can spend days there.

(Will you be coming up to Seattle area?)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Harvey said:
Powell's is Mecca for book lovers in the northwest! I can spend days there.

(Will you be coming up to Seattle area?)
According to my stalking, he will be at Elliot Bay Book Co. on the 20th. I can't make it due to my kids class field trip to Olympia, but it sounds like it should be a blast! ;)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
On a side note, I just called Barnes & Noble to ask them if they had Wool in stock. The clerk acted like he had never heard of it and told me that the store was "still expecting a shipment in soon, though they still have not arrived."

What is that? Does my local B&N not want to make money? Practically everyone I know is familiar with the book. I'll just chalk it up to the fact that Knoxville always seems to fail at everything.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Endi Webb said:
I'm still holding out for the Huntsville tour. Hey, that's close-ish to knoxville--Scroggins and I could be your cheering section. Or your groupies!
Score! Two groupies for the price of one, Hugh. How could you possibly resist that offer?

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Hugh Howey said:
Yup. See above. Someone beat me to it.

Can you come?
Oh, that might work! I have to be in Seattle on the 20th so maybe I'll come down a day earlier. Checking with my wife for permission... :)

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
David Scroggins said:
On a side note, I just called Barnes & Noble to ask them if they had Wool in stock. The clerk acted like he had never heard of it and told me that the store was "still expecting a shipment in soon, though they still have not arrived."

What is that? Does my local B&N not want to make money? Practically everyone I know is familiar with the book. I'll just chalk it up to the fact that Knoxville always seems to fail at everything.
B&N was late to the party. They're scrambling.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm a hard boiled Oregonian, but I'ma need you to come down to say, Coos Bay for this magic to happen. (And even that's still an hour away from my house.) Darn big state.

That said, I think I was in Portland once? I've heard of this magical bookstore, but can it teleport?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
We'll order blue skies for your flight into Seattle so you can see all the volcanoes. Be sure to get a window seat.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts