Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago, 3 new reviews suddenly appeared on one of my books. This is a novel with 64 reviews, of which 62 are 4 or 5 stars.

Boom!...three 1 star nukes within 30 seconds.

The three reviews were from different users, but all were from the same state. All three used pratically the same phrasing and all three recommended another author (the same one).

Clearly, something was amiss.

The reviews were reported to Amazon and within 2 hours, all three were taken down.

I wanted to let everyone know that sometimes the system does work.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
lorelei said:
So they take it down when it's a plug for another book. But not otherwise.
I think they took it down because of sock puppetting. Wouldn't matter to them if it had been three five-stars. It was reported to them and they probably found that the IP addresses are identical or a close match.

They've had the big crackdown on the sock puppet thing (and killed a bunch of legit reviews too) since the shizzle hit the fanizzle last year.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I NEVER read reviews below four stars due to the pettiness and insulting tone they generally have (IMHO), but now I wonder if maybe I should be reading just insure there's no foul play afoot. Hmmm, but then again, I'd have to read through all that drivel... ugh. I think I'll take my chances and ignore them all. Sometimes, ignorance is a blessing - lol.

As for your discovery, Joe... Man, I'm so glad you were able to have them removed. That must have been a really irritating thing to see. Thanks for letting us know. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts