Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with Leslie about this in another thread about how I'd like to use pictures of my signed books as screen savers.

Here are three of the ones I want to use. I may retake them to make them look better.





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,163 Posts
You got Kim Harrison's autograph!!!! I am jealous. She came to Vegas, but I missed her by a month. (I was in hyper artist mood, creating models of buildings). The stab to the heart was the fact that her signing was at the library down the street from my house. (sniff)
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is from her Outlaw Tour last March

Reading to us



"Guy and Kim"



Me, Kim, and Guy



I have all of her books in hard back now and will get the last 3 signed, plus the new one White Witch, Black Curse once it's released.

I also have this from Vicki(Showgirl) Petterson I nicknamed her that and it stuck hehe. :)

The front It's a card board represntation of the cover of her book


The back side of it


Her nickname for me is Vampydoodles. :)
I haven't met her yet but she does live in Vegas and has done several signings at the Clark County Library.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,163 Posts
I have not read her books yet. I have wanted to go to one of her signings at the air base, but I missed that since I had to leave for school.
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Her books are;

1) Scent of Shadows
2) Taste of Night
3) Touch of Twilight



all of them have been Kindlenated
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you'll like it. I am a very active member of her forum. Jeaniene Frost is also a regular there. We all have a pretty good time there.

Tonight is our on line True Blood Viewing party. We talk in the forum chat room during and after the show. I am the token male. :)

http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, we all watch True Blood on HBO.  Debi M is a proof reader(or something like that) for Charlaine Harris and she hangs out with us to.

9:00 eastern sunday nights
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know if you have to have HBO to use HBO on line.  i am guess you do.  Last show airs next week.  They will o course rerun the crap out of them.

Around Christmas time, I am hoping the DVD will be released.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,163 Posts
I read and watched all of the recaps and the show is something I would buy when it comes out in dvd. I was loving for the episodes on line, but have yet to successful. Thanks for telling me about HBO live. I will definiately tune in.
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the second to the last show was really intense, especially for those of us that already read the books.  We knew who the new character was so we're all yealing in chat "No don't do it ruuuuuuunnnnnn!!!"

It was fun next week we will be sad, it will be the last new one until the second season starts.
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, it's a inside joke with us.(I sound so pretentious I don't mean to. hehe)

When I first met Vicki on the Barns and Nobles book club forum we were talking about how language evolves. She said back in the day macaroni was similar to saying cool

When ever we'd say macaroni we meant cool.. it is also when she started calling me Vampy-doodles and I started calling her Showgirl

I started calling her that because for 10 years before she was published, she was a Vegas showgirl. She was born there and still lives there with her hubby and kidlet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Vampyre said:
Yep, it's a inside joke with us.(I sound so pretentious I don't mean to. hehe)

When I first met Vicki on the Barns and Nobles book club forum we were talking about how language evolves. She said back in the day macaroni was similar to saying cool

When ever we'd say macaroni we meant cool.. it is also when she started calling me Vampy-doodles and I started calling her Showgirl

I started calling her that because for 10 years before she was published, she was a Vegas showgirl. She was born there and still lives there with her hubby and kidlet.
LMAO....kidlet??? So macaroni = cool. Gotcha :)
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually looked it up and it doesn't really mean cool but she thinks it does and I didn't have the heart to tell her. It's real meaning is more like flashy fool or pompous I think.

In the way it's used in the Yankee Doodle song, it could be used as cool I guess.

She always refers to her son as the kidlet.

I just found this interview of her...it's very good.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Vampyre said:
I actually looked it up and it doesn't really mean cool but she thinks it does and I didn't have the heart to tell her. It's real meaning is more like flashy fool or pompous I think.

In the way it's used in the Yankee Doodle song, it could be used as cool I guess.

She always refers to her son as the kidlet.

I just found this interview of her...it's very good.
Good interview Bob...thanks for posting it. She's very attractive and I just love her hair...reminds me of The Little Mermaid ;-p I've never heard anyone refer to their kid as a kidlet...I like it :))
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She even sounds like the little mermaid.  She's really a great person and we all love her.  I have managed to start several naming conventions at her site. 

I was the first to call her Showgirl.. I am about the only one that does on a regular basis, I started calling her female lead Jolivia for reasons that become clear in the first book and her third book is Touch of Twilight (ToT)  I started callin it tater(ToT). It caught on to her dismay hehe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Vampyre said:
She even sounds like the little mermaid. She's really a great person and we all love her. I have managed to start several naming conventions at her site.

I was the first to call her Showgirl.. I am about the only one that does on a regular basis, I started calling her female lead Jolivia for reasons that become clear in the first book and her third book is Touch of Twilight (ToT) I started callin it tater(ToT). It caught on to her dismay hehe.
LOL tater (ToT). If I had a preference, I'd stick with showgirl ;-p

Congrats on your Kindle arriving!!! Geez, stay away from the boards for a few days and I missed 13 pages of conversation!
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top