Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you who have lowered your price for a promotion, when do you change it?  The day before, or a few days before just in case it takes a long time for Amazon to reapprove and republish it?  How much of a safety factor is enough?

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
I start a couple of days ahead of time just to make certain it goes through, particularly if it's for a promo spot where non-Amazon stores (like Nook, Apple, Kobo) are included. Amazon usually goes through within a couple fo hours, but I want to make sure they all go through in time.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you ladies.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
The lag time isn't very consistent, but I'd give at least 6-12 hours on Amazon at the moment. I switched one this morning; it's more than five hours later, and still hasn't changed.

BN and Apple tend to be very fast. 0-2 hours, recently.

Kobo used to be that fast, but the last few times I changed prices it took 24-30 hours for them to go through.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Be very careful. Amazon's tightening down on cheap books, assuming they're low quality. If you're highly visible already, be very very careful. If not, there's nothing to lose.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I submit the price change a couple of days ahead, and I continue it for 2-3 days after the promo to reach those people who discover it a little late.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
tomvondeck said:
Be very careful. Amazon's tightening down on cheap books, assuming they're low quality. If you're highly visible already, be very very careful. If not, there's nothing to lose.
WHAT? What exactly do you mean by this?

·
Registered
750 Posts
tomvondeck said:
Can you be a little more specific about this? Sounds like FUD to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts