Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now in Theaters Everywhere: A Celebration of a Certain Kind of Blockbuster (Hardcover)

$1 at Dollar Tree. Couldn't resist. I have his previous book (Never Coming to a Theater Near You) and it's pretty decent.

Do any of you still find yourself purchasing "dead tree" books if the price is right? I'm not referring to picture books or other things that Kindle doesn't handle well. I mean books that would work fine on Kindle and may already be in that format (this one isn't).

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I don't think I've purchased any dtbs post Kindle and I don't think I will, even for $1.

The $ Tree is my favorite $ store.  You know how they have those signs running across the front of every shelf and the huge banners that say Everything is a Dollar?  I get the biggest kick out of newbies who go up to the clerks and ask how much something is. 

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gertiekindle said:
I don't think I've purchased any dtbs post Kindle and I don't think I will, even for $1.

The $ Tree is my favorite $ store. You know how they have those signs running across the front of every shelf and the huge banners that say Everything is a Dollar? I get the biggest kick out of newbies who go up to the clerks and ask how much something is.
I think they do that because other dollar stores do sell things for more than a buck. For example, a friend told me that there are $6-8 DVDs at Dollar General.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have only bought dtb twice since I got mine in February. I only get them if they are something I really want to read that is not out on Kindle yet. -Some of the dtb that are on my waiting to be read shelf I have bought for Kindle when they came available.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I bought two copies of Tabitha King's One on One from Amazon about 24 hours ago. There don't appear to be any more to be had so I didn't make a link. I wanted to lend my copy to someone and couldn't find it so I got two. (I need to have one for me :) ).

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I buy one every so often so I have something to read while on planes during the dreaded "Please turn off all electronics" periods during take off and landing.  When I finish one I buy a new one for that purpose only. I find something not avilable on my Kindle.  It is buy a dtb and read it or I'll have to read what is in the pocket, a fate worse then death.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Gables Girl said:
I buy one every so often so I have something to read while on planes during the dreaded "Please turn off all electronics" periods during take off and landing.
I don't have to worry about that because that's when I usually have a death grip on the seat arms and am holding my breath. Once we're up in the air, I'm fine. I take the fatalistic attitude that it's too late now, and I might as well enjoy the ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts