Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3387 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, I am a bit annoyed with oberondesign.com and I say that with my beautiful Tree of Life in saddle cover in my hand!

I want another cover. Badly. Problem is that their website has TERRIBLE pictures that do not show the true color of their cover...also, there are color choices for each cover yet, when you click on the dot to choose a color, there is no picture of the cover in the new color choice! I think that we, here on Kindleboards.com take better pictures of our Kindle cover than Oberon does! And mostly, our pics are taken with camera phones that turn out slightly blurry!!!

This is extremely important as people need to know exactly what they are getting as the prices are on the high side (for a genuine leather, hand made product! I am not knocking their prices.) and they have no return policy unless it is defective. Their pictures need to reflect the beauty of their product!

Example: when I saw Roof of Heaven was available in purple, I wasn't remotely interested as the purple looked blue on OberonDesign.com. Then, on this thread, someone posted their RoH cover in purple and it is freaking gorgeous!!!!

I wish Oberon would dedicate itself to post better pictures on it's website. But since they are not, I would like all of us here at Kindleboards to take a picture of which Oberon you have and post it here!

Me? I am looking for the Dragonfly in fern (I think? Or maybe green) and the Roof of Heaven in Purple.

I already own Tree of Life in saddle which I have had for 1.5 months now and ADORE! So to start things off, here is Sookie's cover....

OK- now it is YOUR turn....POST YOUR COVERS HERE!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
This picture was taken by a high resolution camera and on my screen the color is exactly right. I have the Fern cover and the greens blend beautifully.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Here is my Sky Dragon cover. The red is just a little darker on the cover than on my monitor

·
Registered
534 Posts
These are so beautiful!  Thanks to everyone for posting.

(I ordered the Creekbed Maple in green last night...I can't wait for it to get here!!!!)

·
Registered
534 Posts
KindleKay said:
frojazz....promise to post pictures here once you have your Creekbed Maple in Green??? Pretty please?
I will do that for you, KindleKay!! I bought it last night finally, after looking at their website for soooooo long. I still can't believe that I did it! It was really hard to choose only one. I had to order a card holder with hummingbirds in wine, too! (I'll post pics of both, of course!!) :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here's my pic of my World Tree I got yesterday. Because of the flash the green is slightly darker in person than it appears here, but not by much.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Raiden333 said:
Here's my pic of my World Tree I got yesterday. Because of the flash the green is slightly darker in person than it appears here, but not by much.
Mine is significantly darker.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It might be helpful to those trying to choose a color if when you post a picture you put something of a known color in the picture to help people know or guess at the actual color. Something like crayons or anything else that is a standard color to help judge the color that is shown on all our different screens

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
It's also best if we can take these without direct flash as that will most definitely alter the color.

That darker green looks amazingly like the black Oberon journal I have; I'll try to get a pic for here if the weather cooperates tomorrow.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here's my purple Roof of Heaven. It's not quite as blue as these photos show, I'll try again tomorrow when it is sunny. It's more of a plum wine purple.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Now to me that looks quite purple where as the picture at the Oberon site looks royal blue on my screen.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I took these pics today in natural sunlight (no flash), but it was cloudy.  The purple of the cover is fairly accurate, but it's not quite as blue as these photos show, I'll try again tomorrow.

The skin is the Starry Night from DecalGirl.com, and the lovely bag is from BorsaBella - you'll find her on Etsy.com.

KindleKay, the purple cover IS freakin' awesome!

Kathy, that Fern dragonfly is gorgeous.

1 - 20 of 3387 Posts