Kindle Forum banner

2841 - 2860 of 3387 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Love what you have done.  Would order a sleeve from Oberon in a heartbeat if it didn't have to come with the pewter strap.  Wouldn't worry about it sliding out as it would be carried in a briefcase or purse as well. 

If the cases are made after the order is received, it really is hard to understand why such customisation is refused.  They can leave wool off so some custom work is acceptable.  As you say, the alteration is complicated and chancy but done well at the source would be a better way of showing off their product than a do it yourself botched job.  A little flexibility goes a long way especially when the request is so simple and cost saving as leaving something off.  After all the stamped  name still identifies the product source.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Holly said:
Would order a sleeve from Oberon in a heartbeat if it didn't have to come with the pewter strap...

If the cases are made after the order is received, it really is hard to understand why such customisation is refused.
I think it is because the pewter is considered their "trademark" for all of their products.

·
Registered
358 Posts
We are unable to customize due to costs. We are a very small company. The dyes are expensive and they are ordered to fit the plates for each item. So if you order a cover and you are the only one who ordered it in red we are stuck with that dye.

We simply can't keep every dye for every design. So we limit the colors to three and in some cases two.

Also to customize other items takes time. If it's one person it seems easy but add thousands of custom orders to our small staff it's not something we feel we can do in a timely manner.

I hope this clears it up

·
Registered
358 Posts
Regarding the pewter. It is our trademark and we cast those. Many love it and it adds to the sleeve. But we do use it where we can. That answer is correct

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am tickled pink with my newest Oberon cover!  I just purchased a Kindle 3, and looked at the various manufacturers of covers for it... but I just love Oberon for the beauty and quality of work.  So, I purchased the Humming Bird cover in red for my K3.

This is my 3rd Oberon cover.  I gave my husband my Kindle 2, and he now has both my Roses cover in red, and my Roof of Heaven in blue.  Beautiful covers.

I just love Oberon's work!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I love the pewter and always order extra charms.  Plus my cat seems like it finding them on the table and nudging them onto the floor with her paw!  I have charms everywhere!  I do prefer the covers without the felt, so I appreciate that option.  My next purchase and which is being made now, is a sleeve for the nook, which, being larger than the kindle I prefer to use without a cover.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Pushka said:
I love the pewter and always order extra charms. Plus my cat seems like it finding them on the table and nudging them onto the floor with her paw! I have charms everywhere! I do prefer the covers without the felt, so I appreciate that option. My next purchase and which is being made now, is a sleeve for the nook, which, being larger than the kindle I prefer to use without a cover.
What design and color are you getting Pushka?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Life is good.  My Oberon red paisley cover came in this week!  How does Oberon manage to deliver so quickly?  The cover is gorgeous--vibrant and alive!  My K is stylin'!  I so deserve this gift to myself!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Tippy.. I have that design currently on my iPad also in red. I agree it's wonderful. It's a newer design but had become a hot seller :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
hidden_user said:
My cover was ordered without the wool felt lining and I would have also deleted the inside pocket as well, were that possible. All I wanted was simply a cover without a bunch of do-dads and that's pretty much what I have now.
It actually is possible to have it made without the pocket as that is how mine arrived. :) Just plain leather, no pocket. I posted pics earlier in this thread. I asked for no wool, however I didn't say no pocket, but it arrived with no wool as I requested, and also no pocket. I have to say, I like it much better without the pocket. I would have no use for it really. So I got lucky as it came as I would have preferred it anyway, I didn't know it was option though. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
I've been ordering Oberon products since I got my K2 back in 2009.  I now have some journals, card cases, K2 cover, iPad cover, cell phone sleeve and a few of the bookmark pieces.  I do like the pewter and I love the quality of the products.  I myself wanted a different design and color for my K2, but the bottom line is this is what they offer, take ot or leave it.  I love the protection the products provide for my expensive electronics.  Even though I may want a different color or design, i have always been able to fine one that I like.  It seems Oberon goes out of their way to make everyone happen, and we all know that is never possible.  They have a great product and I for one don't hesitate to order the products for the protection alone.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yay!  I just checked the USPS link sent by Oberon Thursday to see where my first Oberon Kindle cover was, and it said it was out for delivery.  I ran out to the mailbox and there it was! I am so excited!  It is just beautiful and it feels just wonderful!  I had already added my Kindle, of course, and then had to take it back out to put on the special charm that I requested.  I can't wait to show it off to my Kindle friends!

Someone tell my how to add a picture and I will post a few. ::)

·
Registered
322 Posts
** I love the pewter, and think it really adds to an already beautiful cover.  And I prefer cases that have some sort of closure.
** The small pocket for a card is perfect for my business card and contact info.  Having been in the situation of finding a lost kindle in a case without any contact information, I know how important it is to have contact information somewhere in the case.
** I'm actually a fan of the wool.
** And have no opinion in the cardboard/plastic debate, since I remove the inserts

We all have such different preferences, without making every case fully customized, there is no way to please everyone.  And I guarantee, even if they were to agree to customize every case, someone would find something to complain about... :D  

That's why it's great to have a lot of options, and if the Oberon cover doesn't meet your needs, there are plenty of other cover choices.  

For me, I have other cases for my K2 besides my two Oberon cases, and honestly they other cases don't compare.  My saddle DaVinci and wine Celtic Hounds are over a year old now, worn in nicely, and just get better and better.  

Back to the theme of this thread, I love all of the new pictures!  Truly gorgeous covers.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I also have a number of Oberon products. Icon Journal, Checkbook, cardholder do not have the Pewter. The purse only has a hanging charm on the zipper pull.. I believe there are a few other items that do not have their trademark Pewter.

ETA: Wallets and Cardholders, Small organizers and Portfolio's do not have the trademark...  ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Basket lady said:
Yay! I just checked the USPS link sent by Oberon Thursday to see where my first Oberon Kindle cover was, and it said it was out for delivery. I ran out to the mailbox and there it was! I am so excited! It is just beautiful and it feels just wonderful! I had already added my Kindle, of course, and then had to take it back out to put on the special charm that I requested. I can't wait to show it off to my Kindle friends!

Someone tell my how to add a picture and I will post a few. ::)
Yaaayyyyy!!!!! Congratulations on your new Oberon! Pictures please ;D?

And you lucked out on the charm! I also asked if I could please get one or the other of 2 particular charms I really liked, but they gave me a third I really don't care for :'(. Too bad, had I known, I would have actually ordered the charms I really wanted along with my cover, but I just can't justify the high shipping cost for 2 charms only (I mean, the shipping cost isn't high in itself, but compared to the price of just one or 2 charms, it is). So now my cover is "charm-less" :D, but still gorgeous, and the charm will go to whomever buys or gets my former cover, and hopefully will like it more than me :)

I'm actually a little bit sad about the so-so experience my last Oberon order has been, to be honest. This is the 6th Oberon product I order, and until then, all had been perfect (so I guess that got my level of expectations way up there, lol). But between the little pang of disappointment I got when I opened the package and saw a charm I really didn't like (and didn't expect) after having kindly requested another (small thing, I know, but we all know how excited we get about those small things ;)), the cardboard inserts I ended up trowing out (although in the end that may have been a blessing in disguise: I'm ending up LOVING the feel of the supple leather alone, and I never really dared to throw out the plastic inserts, for some weird reason ;D), and the fact that it wasn't love at first sight with the new cloud dragon design, it was a bit of a weird Oberon experience.

BUT after having had my black cloud dragon for a week now, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new cover and the new design! I can't keep my hands off my cover, keep on petting it and getting to know all the ridges and crevices of the design. I keep on discovering new details to a design that at first look doesn't seem that intricate but in the end always surprises: there is a tiny mini cloud on the front, so small, but perfectly embossed, super cute! The leather is still oh so yummy, and when I put my hand inside the flap for reading, well, I think this has to be softest Oberon I have yet had!!!!!

So all in all, I am now (one week later) a VERY happy black cloud dragon owner ;D

Thank you so much to all who advised me to give it some time last week: you were all right :-*

2841 - 2860 of 3387 Posts