Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Post Office are such liars, they have my package as delivered in the system on Saturday 7th at 10:32am but it wasn't.  I was outside washing my car when the mail woman came by on Saturday and I walked to her truck and she personally handed my mail at 12:05pm not 10:32am! ???  I've been trying to get this resolve since Monday morning.  As far as the post office is concern it's delivered because it was SCANNED. ::)  Anyway, DecalGirl told me to wait until Wednesday to see if I could resolve this with the post office, and of course I could not since according to them, it was delivered. :p  Anyway, I just got off the phone with DecalGirl and they are sending me a new order; it's coming by the post office. :'(  It has a laptop skin in it also so the envelope is 12X15, so it's a large package, hopefully this time, I will really get it!  Here's the puzzling part, I ordered a Sony skin also that day like 2 hours later, both package was pick-up by the post office on Wednesday the 4th at the same time, the Sony package sat in Jersey until yesterday, when I checked today it was finally in Atlanta; maybe I'll get that one tomorrow! ::)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Well that is a problem I have not heard. Do you suppose the Post office is dealing Kindle skins on the side. ;) I hope this order comes through. (P.S. Lilly, thanks again for selling me your KK, I hope you are enjoying your K2 as much as I am the KK)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
intinst said:
Well that is a problem I have not heard. Do you suppose the Post office is dealing Kindle skins on the side. ;) I hope this order comes through. (P.S. Lilly, thanks again for selling me your KK, I hope you are enjoying your K2 as much as I am the KK)
I am Intinst; I'm glad my Kindle found a happy home! The whispernet in K2 is kinda flacky; I don't remember a time I had problems with the Whispernet the 3 months I owned the KK. It actually would not connect yesterday in my building and I work at the CNN Center in Atlanta in downtown Atlanta and there's always coverage!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Sounds to me like they delivered it to the wrong address! 

Let's see -- I have many gripes with the P.O.  In January, they destroyed a custom painting I had made, and then wouldn't pay the insurance claim on it (they cannot accept fault remember).  The latest was yesterday -- we watched the postman stop and put our mail in the box then drive away.  When I went to get it, he had a left a "Sorry we missed you!" card saying we had registered mail he wasn't able to deliver and we could pick it up at the post office the next day.  WTF???  He didn't even TRY to deliver it -- we were right here watching!!!  Urgh....I shouldn't get started.  They make me so darn mad!!

Sorry about your decals -- hope they come soon!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I recently had an incident with the Post Office that has changed my Shipping and Handling habits permanently.  It's a very long story, but the short version:  I had a $450 item on order.  I was tracking it closely, as you can imagine.  The day that the status on tracking said delivered, I went home early to get it, but it wasn't there.  And when I went to the Post Office to pick it up, they were very snotty and said that if it says it was delivered, it was.  They said that it must have been stolen (which has NEVER happened in all the years I've lived in this country suburban area where we all know each others names and the police station is down the street).  They refused to even LOOK for it till I threw a complete hissy fit and told them since it was insured how do I go about filing a claim?  So they looked, found it after 20 minutes.  No apologies, no acknowledgement, nothing.

I am now a loyal customer of UPS.    ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kindgirl, the post office also told me that it might have been stolen; I patiently explained to her, no it could not have been because I WAS outside on Saturday when the mail woman came by and she handed me the mail! ::)  So maybe, I stolled it! ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
You're much too nice, Lilly!  ;)

After your explanation, I would have replied with "Since the carrier personally handed my mail to me on Saturday, my hunch is that the carrier kept it.  And unless you like the implications of a thieving mail carrier, I suggest you get off your duff and locate my package!"

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
stargazer0725 said:
You're much too nice, Lilly! ;)

After your explanation, I would have replied with "Since the carrier personally handed my mail to me on Saturday, my hunch is that the carrier kept it. And unless you like the implications of a thieving mail carrier, I suggest you get off your duff and locate my package!"
Perfect! ;D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I got home today, the 2nd package that has the Sony reader skin was sitting on the floor by my front door.  I'm excited because the post office really delivered it.  I had a few anxious moments because when I checked from work a little after 6:00pm, post office had it as delivered and I was really relieved when I got home around 7:15pm to see the envelope in front of my door! ;D  Then, I opened it and DecalGirl had the skin backward; :(  The front is the back and vice versa; so I have a big skinit logo on the back on the skin. :'(  I will post a picture of the skin tomorrow).  Of course I was back to being disappointed.  maybe I'm not meant to have DecalGirl skins! :p 

·
Registered
294 Posts
You have had bad luck with this!!!!!!  :mad:  I declare that the "curse" on this skin will disappear, and everything will turn out all right!!!!!! :eek: ;D :mad: EMail decalgirl and tell them to pay for you returning the backwards skin to them, and you expect them to send you the right skin.... what a mess, I hope it turns out alright, frustrating as it is......

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lilly said:
Here's the puzzling part, I ordered a Sony skin also that day like 2 hours later, both package was pick-up by the post office on Wednesday the 4th at the same time, the Sony package sat in Jersey until yesterday, when I checked today it was finally in Atlanta; maybe I'll get that one tomorrow! ::)
In the future, if you want to place an order soon after another order you could e-mail Decal Girl. I placed an order for my Kindle skin and then realized I wanted a Wii skin a few hours later. I e-mailed customer service and they had me Paypal the price of the Wii skin and added it to my previous order. It saved me the extra shipping, too! :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Kindgirl said:
I recently had an incident with the Post Office that has changed my Shipping and Handling habits permanently. It's a very long story...
I am now a loyal customer of UPS. ;)
Yeah, well - all carriers screw up. Remember when the UPS drivers went on strike about 10 years ago? Shortly before that I had ordered a new Mac, which UPS allegedly delivered on the appointed day. Except, it was not delivered, and when I contacted them to find out why, all they could tell me was it had been signed for by "Ken" (no one in my house named Ken!) at my address, and it was now officially MY problem to deal with, because the guy who delivered it was now on strike, and they couldn't do anything about it. I was *beyond* incensed - especially when it turned out that "Ken" was a temp worker at the parking garage down the street, and he'd basically just shouted out to the UPS guy that he would take the package and hold it for me, and so the UPS guy actually gave it to him. The manager of the parking garage was really upset about it, yelled at "Ken," and ended up holding the package - I found out all this stuff two days later when I was canvassing the neighborhood looking for a Ken, and the lot manager was like "we were HOPING you would come by.... you weren't home when we knocked and we didn't want to leave this on the sidewalk..." They fired Ken, btw. His intent had been to steal the package.

I do still use UPS though. And USPS, and Fedex. They all suck.
-h.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
This story just reinforces my belief that 99% of crooks are idiots (the 1% who aren't don't get caught). Ken signed for the package, intending to steal it and he signed it with...his name? So you could find him and track down your package? What a moron.

L

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Same thing happened to me last Monday. I was tracking my package and when I saw that it was left at my front door I went to get and it wasn't there. I called the post office and talk to the mailman. The mailman said he delivered my package to the front door but I never saw it. This is unbelievable... Now it seems they won't come to my door at all and just leave the slip in the mailbox for me to pickup my package at the post office.

Oh the package I lost wasn't the Decal skin. It was custom made bag....

·
Registered
400 Posts
Leslie said:
This story just reinforces my belief that 99% of crooks are idiots (the 1% who aren't don't get caught). Ken signed for the package, intending to steal it and he signed it with...his name? So you could find him and track down your package? What a moron.

L
Well, I didn't want to have to get into the whole thing, but yeah, the guy was going by "Ken" at this time, but his name was actually Quinciano something. He signed for the package as Ken, though... the whole situation was stupid. I mean, he left the package under a desk at the office of the garage while he went to lunch. It was addressed to me at my address. His boss came in, found it, asked WTF was up with that, Ken came up with some bogus story about how he wanted to hold it for me, but refused to make an immediate delivery attempt when his boss asked him to, which raised the boss' suspicions, so the boss tried to take it to deliver it to me (but I wasn't home) and Ken started yelling about how the boss was stealing from him... so it was pretty obvious what the intent was. Thank goodness the boss (a nice man named Enrique who preferred to go by Henry although I personally like the sound of Enrique better :)) was a straight arrow, though.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Sucks, that's why I like FedEx and UPS.. not USPS. I deal with UPS, FedEx, and Canada Post on a daily basis and we ALWAYS try to avoid Canada Post. If FedEx and UPS were allowed to deliver to PO Boxes; we wouldn't even consider the post. ::)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Wow, these are some stories!  It's soooo frustrating when something we've been waiting for doesn't get here, even more when the shipper doesn't make it right.

Which mailing service to use is a HUGE discussion point on the quilting boards, as we are always shipping rather valuable quilts to shows and customers.

An informal study of one 2000+ member group that I'm part of showed the loss/dissatisfaction rate for UPS, USPS and FedEx was about the same for each service.  Costs do vary quite a bit.  Use a combination of your own experience and cost to make your decisions.  Personally, I like UPS because their tracking is the best in the business, better than FedEx and wayyyy better than USPS.  I can't say I've ever had something not get there, not that I know of, anyway.

If you have problems with a post office, by all means write a letter to the Postmaster of that post office and make a complaint.  If you complain to the people who are the problem, they're obviously going to say everything is fine.  Put it in writing to the Postmaster, the boss, and let him or her deal with the problem.  If the boss doesn't know there is a problem, he or she can't fix it.

Betsy

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guess what showed up today.  Yes my DecalGirl skins.  The envelope was opened and was propped against my front door.  I don't recall seeing it yesterday when I came back home since I usually pull into garage, I might have overlooked it.  Today around 7:00pm, I went to get something to eat and then before turning into my driveway, I just so happened to see the envelope in front of the door.  Its been lost for over 30 days, since March 7th, and DecalGirl has sent me a replacement.  Both the Kindle and the laptop skin were still in the envelope even though it was opened!   

1 - 20 of 28 Posts