Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Every time I have been @ WalMart since DSi came out I have gone back to visit them in electronics. Just can't make my mind up to spend the $$ to upgrade.  I would love to know about new DSi games. Please share......

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
You play video games on it.  I'm sure the Grandson has one.  You can also watch movies, and apparently surf the Internet!

Betsy

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went from the DS "Phat" (original model) to a DSi. I skipped the Lite altogether because I kept waiting for a price drop and it never came. :p

To answer a couple of questions posted above:

farmwife"723" said:
Every time I have been @ WalMart since DSi came out I have gone back to visit them in electronics. Just can't make my mind up to spend the $$ to upgrade. I would love to know about new DSi games. Please share......
The DSi has "DSiWare" games, which are simply games you can download from the DSi Store onto the DSi itself or to an SD card (like the Kindle). No other version of the DS has this.

Apparently, full-fledged retail DSi-exclusive games are planned too (meaning games that are incompatible with any previous version of the DS), but nothing has been announced. For right now, you just have the incredible DS library to choose from.

Honestly, I would be surprised if we ever get a lot of DSi-only retail releases, because the regular DS is still so popular and good. Some future regular DS games may include enhancements when played on a DSi.

At least that's what the gaming news mill is saying.

marianner said:
Is it bulkier than the DS Lite?
I never had a Lite, but from my understanding, the DSi is lighter and thinner. That's because the DSi does not play older Game Boy Advance games like the DS Phat and DS Lite do. That's a tough feature to lose, but I have other ways of playing GBA carts, so I'm okay with it.

From a PM I sent to a friend:

Screen: There are four five brightness settings and slightly bigger screens. The games look amazing. Just utterly fantastic. The only quibble (and this is so minor that it probably isn't even worth mentioning): Some of the text on the initial boot-up warning screen and menus look a bit ugly. (I mean the DS menus, BTW - not the game menus.) No big deal though.

Sound: Awesome. Just jumps out of the system. Loud, clear, boomin'.

Internet (Shop/Browser/Etc.): Everything was easy to set up. Upon entering the DSi Shop, it prompted me to perform a system upgrade. That didn't work the first time, but it was fine after that. I got the promised free 1,000 points once I finally accessed the shop, and everything has been smooth as silk since then. The speeds aren't the fastest, but they're more than tolerable. The DSi browser (a free DSi Shop download) is a nifty little utility. It won't be something you use all the time, but it's cool to have in a pinch. I haven't pulled the trigger on any DSiWare downloads. I'll wait for better games to come down the pipeline.

Camera: There's a pic of me looking in astonishment at my new DSi. Other than that, I haven't fooled around with any picture taking, photo editing, etc. It's not a bad camera, all things considered. Certainly better than I expected.

So far, I'm loving my DSi. I'm not sure if it's a huge leap from the DS Lite, but it's miles ahead of the ancient DS Phat I was toting around. ;D

Amazon link: Nintendo DSi Matte Black / Nintendo DSi Matte Blue

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vegas_Asian (Experiment#305) said:
The DSI looks so cool, but gotta focus on obtaining a netbook first. lol Here it is a DSI (DS with a camera):

I got that color, but it also comes in blue. :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I love it too....got one for my son for his 7 bday...on May 21st.  I played with it already.  I told my hubby I want one too, its almost the same size as my DS Lite.  :)

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ak rain said:
being 45 am I too old?
Never. :)

The DS is especially great about catering to all ages. There are tons of games for adults and "big kids." ;)

Shizu said:
You need to have Wi-Fi connection for the Internet?
Yeah, I believe so. Nintendo used to have a Wi-Fi USB adapter that you could plug into your PC and it would then simulate a wireless connection for DS and Wii, but they stopped making it for some reason. It wasn't compatible with Vista anyway (if I recall correctly) and it could sometimes be a pain. Still, it was better than nothing.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts