Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I add somebody's post to my email when I am responding to their post?

i.e....It says Quote from Cowgirl with the time and date and then has their comments in a box.

I hope this is making sense.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Cowgirl said:
How do I add somebody's post to my email when I am responding to their post?

i.e....It says Quote from Cowgirl with the time and date and then has their comments in a box.

I hope this is making sense.
To quote something, you put [ quote] and the beginning and [ /quote] at the end. (Remove the spaces; I just added those so you would see the code.)

The easiest way is to choose "quote" when you reply. Look to the upper right hand corner of the message (where you also have the option to modify your post, or delete it completely).

When you are posting, if you look at the icons, there is one that looks like a dialog balloon. That will also put the quote code around text, like this:

this is how it looks quoted.
You can also just type the codes by hand.

I hope this makes sense!

L

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leslie said:
To quote something, you put [ quote] and the beginning and [ /quote] at the end. (Remove the spaces; I just added those so you would see the code.)

The easiest way is to choose "quote" when you reply. Look to the upper right hand corner of the message (where you also have the option to modify your post, or delete it completely).

When you are posting, if you look at the icons, there is one that looks like a dialog balloon. That will also put the quote code around text, like this:

You can also just type the codes by hand.

I hope this makes sense!

I see the quote thing on the right hand side...I'll see if that works. I know nothing about codes when it comes to computers. I've probably learned more from this forum than any other.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Cowgirl said:
ok...that's not right because my response is now in the box....
You started typing inside the [ /quote] code. Start typing your message AFTER that. That will have my part quoted, but your part will be "new."

L

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Cowgirl said:
ok...that's not right because my response is now in the box....
Make sure you type your response a line or two after the end "[/quote]".

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sandpiper said:
Make sure you type your response a line or two after the end "".
That makes people comfortable for some reason, but really, no space at all is necessary. You just want to make sure to start your reply after the ] in [*/quote] whether it's immediately, a space or two, or a line or two. :)
I started this reply with no space after [*/quote]

Now you have it Cowgirl :). No spaces are necessary, tho. But they're perfectly acceptable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts