Kindle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1682 Posts

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Terrence OBrien said:
Eat the healthy stuff first. It will crowd out the bad stuff.
Oh so easy to say ! Ha! Thanks

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Betsy the Quilter said:
I'm in. My doctor wants me to lose weight too. I'm walking and I got a set of dumbells and am doing a weight routine too.

Betsy
So glad you are with us Betsy !!

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
lpking said:
It's impressive when someone publicly declares a goal like this one. You go, NapCat!

One thing to watch: sometimes if you start an exercise routine concurrent with the diet, the actual weight loss isn't quite what you hope it might be. That's because you put on muscle, and muscle is way denser than fat. When you're replacing fat with muscle, the pounds may not drop off really fast. So you might want to consider taking some measurements and tracking the inches you lose, too. Having more metrics can be comforting when you encounter those weight-loss plateaus, which always seems to happen when you try to lose weight.
Thanks for the support and advice !!

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Val2 said:
Supporting you all the way! Measure yourself and take before and during pics, you will be amazed at how you change!
Thanks for the encouragement,, Val !

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
*DrDln* (dr.s.dhillon) said:
Healthy habits are good for maintaining proper weight and the way to go in the long run. Simple diet and exercise is a slow process to lose weight that always alludes majority of the people. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice and encouragement Doc !

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
spotsmom said:
So far today: yogurt this morning and a package of nuts this afternoon. Trying to conserve for Mexican at a restaurant tonight. I've convinced myself no beans and no rice. Tostada.

This sure is hard when one is a stress eater...
No stress is allowed on Day 1 !

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Erin Zarro said:
Good for you! I've been trying to lose weight for quite awhile and it's been tough. I do exercise almost every day so I hope between that and better eating habits I'll be okay.

I work in foodservice, and we have GOOD BUT FATTY food around us all the time. I really need to start ignoring it...
How can you possibly ignore food all around you ? gasp ! You may have the biggest challenge of all of us on the venture.
Good Luck

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Erin Zarro said:
NapCat - It's really, really tough, which is why I've got 30 pounds on me that I don't need. Gotta resist, though. Can't keep going on like this.
Oh Erin ((HUG)) Don't we all know !? Glad you joined us, we can do this together !

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
spotsmom said:
Trying to conserve for Mexican at a restaurant tonight. I've convinced myself no beans and no rice. Tostada.
My nutritionist tells me to eat beans and rice. As a matter of fact, I've lost almost 30 pounds in the past two months eating a lot of her turkey and bean chili. And on the off nights I have brown rice with spaghetti sauce on it.

I could post the chili recipe later tonight if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
NapCat said:
The Lose-a-Pound-a-Week Club

I have promised my doctor (and myself) that I would lose 50 pounds over the next year……one pound a week should be very doable.

Please join me in this “Lighthearted” venture...my approach is to take “baby steps” to change my habits. No specific diet or extreme regime… just move to healthier eating and exercise, by making a lifestyle change each week.
I will happily join you. Since I need to lose more than 50 pounds, a Pound-A-Week is a great goal. I certainly agree with "No specific diet or extreme regime… just move to healthier eating and exercise, by making a lifestyle change each week."

swolf said:
My nutritionist tells me to eat beans and rice. As a matter of fact, I've lost almost 30 pounds in the past two months eating a lot of her turkey and bean chili. And on the off nights I have brown rice with spaghetti sauce on it.

I would love to have that chili recipe. Do you think it would work with chicken?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Ohhhh! I want to lose a pound a week!

I even joined a gym. Haven't gone yet, but I joined! (ok, to be fair, it's a new one and it opened yesterday...)

I'm also training for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day again...but I did that last year and in all those miles, I didn't lose a freaking thing. I'm guaranteed to lose something this year, but mostly just my dignity, as there's a promise involving pink spandex and a cape...

But yeah! I wanna lose!

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
swolf said:

Hey Wolfy....glad to see you here.....please, by all means share your recipe with us.....and congratulations on your extraordinary loss.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Annalog said:
I would love to have that chili recipe. Do you think it would work with chicken?
Delighted to have you aboard Anna, but I am concerned for "Things 1 & 2"....are they destined to a "Chilly" [sic] demise ?? Ha!

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thumper said:
"..mostly just my dignity, as there's a promise involving pink spandex and a cape..."

You do make me giggle Thumper....Join us and hopefully in the future there will be an avatar with you in your new pink outfit next to The Hooded Claw !!
Now won't that be a sight ??

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I would love to lose a pound a week.  Count me in and give me the chili recipe.  ;D

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
After the visit with the doc today...I'm in. I'm looking at 20 pounds, but a pounds a pound right?

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you all don't mind, I think I will join you.  ;D

My goal for today is to get at least 10,000 steps in.  Since I usually only get 4,000 a day, that's a good hour or so (at least) of walking/jogging in place.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
yeah for those who've become healthier!  I went to the dr today and found that I've lost another 10lbs (morning sickness does not end when the morning does), but since I'm "well padded" (ie overweight) the dr isn't concerned.  I'm not either.  I did this w/ DD (I can only eat a small amount until I start feeling sick) and she's healthy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Can we talk kilograms as well? I started 2 months ago, grossly overweight at 110 kilograms. With my bloodpressure and all, I had to lose about 20 kilo.
I do one of these shakes and bars diets, hardbut not too crazy, and I've already lost 14 kilo in 2 months.

Exercise helps (I bike a lot), and drinking lots of water. Lots. Again going by the metric system, I drink about 3 liters per day.

Good luck, you all!

21 - 40 of 1682 Posts