Kindle Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1683 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Because life is pain, highness! Anyone who tells you differently is selling something!

...Sorry, too much Princess Bride in my misspent youth.  ;D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Linjeakel - thanks for hanging out and hanging in there!

Finally down another couple pounds. Not once a week, but the scale's headed the right direction. Life is good :)

·
5,899 Posts
dgrant said:
Linjeakel - thanks for hanging out and hanging in there!

Finally down another couple pounds. Not once a week, but the scale's headed the right direction. Life is good :)
Well done!

I haven't been very good lately. *sigh* I'm just about managing to stay around the same rather than put on a lot, but still, not good. I could say it's because I've had some health issues I've been dealing with, but really there's no excuse.

On the plus side, despite slipping not so gracefully off the wagon, my cholesterol and blood sugar levels are good, better than this time last year, so yay! :)

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,546
SallyElliot said:
I am reasonably happy with my weight and I believe it is healthy life style. Diets are disaster.....lol

Welcome

Agreed !! Which is the premise of this thread.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I believe in if you take in more calories than you burn then you are likely to add weight.
I also believe that some strenuous exercise three times a week is necessary to general good health.
I have been trying to do 10,000 steps M-F.
If you are in good health and happy with who you are, then you probably don't need to lose any weight.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,549

Weigh in for week ending 8/31/18:
YES

I have walked this world for over 72 years having wonderful adventures and careers, however I recently declared Victory and Retired !!

Hopefully being able to stay home, it will be easier to stay on a routine of sensible eating and exercise.

I am off to a good start having lost several pounds this month.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
NapCat (retired) said:

Weigh in for week ending 8/31/18:
YES

Hopefully being able to stay home, it will be easier to stay on a routine of sensible eating and exercise.

I am off to a good start having lost several pounds this month.
Enjoy your retirement and agree with your statement of sensible eating and exercise. But we have to find ways to like what we eat and what we do for exercise.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,552
Weigh in for week ending 9/9/18: YES

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,553
Weigh in for week ending 9/16/18: YES

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,554
Weigh in for week ending 9/23/18: NO

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,555
Weigh in for week ending 9/30/18: NO

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,556
Weigh in for week ending 10/21/18: YES

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I really believe the food is not a curse but to nourish our bodies. All we need is to eat right kind of food that nourishes our bodies and not that harms our body... "The food we eat can be either the safe & most powerful medicine or the slowest poison"

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,559

Weigh in for week ending 11/4/18:
NO

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,560
Weigh in for week ending 12/9/18:NO

....blah. I have been gaining since going on a "retirement schedule" (ie. none). Picked up the bad habit of staying up half the night and of course, snacking....

1541 - 1560 of 1683 Posts