Kindle Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1685 Posts

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Weigh in for the week ending 8 October 2019: YES (by both scale and trend line  :)) Still meeting my goal of weighing less than DH.  ;)

I know that I am a day early but I am going to be away from my scale for the next few days as I will be working nights and staying at my mom's house.

I have now been entering everything that I eat into the Lose It! app for 35 days in a row. Over that time I have averaged 235 calories a day over the budget suggested by the app for a goal of losing a half pound a week. However I have not been entering my exercise and, since I am using the free version, I cannot set that my lifestyle is not sedentary. Over that time I have lost about a half pound a week so I will continue my current plan of not worrying about going over the calorie budget.

Small changes over time and no guilt! PAW goals!

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
EmberKent said:
Still, your approach does seem the healthiest and easiest to sort of stick with in regards to caloric restriction. You only need to run a slight deficit every day to meet your goal and, even if you don't reach it, it's not a big deal because it's "only" a pound.

Seven years, though. Have you been trying to do this consistently over this time? What's the "status report" so to speak thus far?
I have not been doing this consistently but in 8 years that I have been in this group I am now 25 pounds lighter than when I started. When I am consistent with the group I tend to average a bit over half a pound a week. That works fine for me.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Weigh in for the week ending 15 October 2019: NO by the scale but YES by the trend line. My weight is now about 2 pounds below the trend line and I hope to stay below the trend line as long as possible. I am still meeting my goal of weighing less than DH but he is catching up (down?) to me. ;)

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,586
Weigh in for week ending 11/02/19: NO

I have been losing/gaining the same three pounds for a year...frustrating

Well done Anna. I like your measuring system.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Thanks, NapCat. The trend chart lets me focus on trends and associate changes with life events or changes. That way I can still weigh myself nearly every day and not focus on the scale number but catching detrimental eating or exercise changes before they get out of control. The weight challenge is fun and is good for both of us. (I now weigh less than DH by 0.2 pounds! Now he will probably exercise a bit more and I will have an easier time saying no to candy. Ice cream, however it will still be hard to say no to.) All three make it easier for me to focus on posting at least one YES. :)

·
5,901 Posts
The last couple of months have been good. I've been eating sensibly and getting plenty of exercise (walking). I've been losing about a pound to a pound and a half almost every week. Trying not to get too excited about it, just hoping the trend will continue.

·
5,901 Posts
Annalog said:
I am happy and excited for you, Linjeakel.
Thank you!

I'm trying not to make too much of it as I know how easily these things can change, how quickly impetus just seems to drain away. But I'm feeling positive mentally, at least as far as this is concerned, and I think that's helping a lot. I'm trying for a similar trend as you - small changes over time, a change in lifestyle as opposed to being "on a diet" and at the moment it seems to be working.

Are you still managing to weigh less than you husband? Does it help to have a fellow traveller who you want to keep up with?

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Linjeakel, today I weigh over a pound (even over half a kilo) more than my husband. This morning he weighed 1.1 pounds less  than yesterday morning while I weighed about half a pound more than yesterday morning. I always weigh myself first thing in the morning after visiting the bathroom. Even then, on a daily basis, weight is variable, which is why I pay more attention to the trend line. (I am still about a pound under my trend line.) I also refuse to "diet" and focus more on being fit enough to do all I want to do and enjoy eating healthy foods.

Most of our married life, my husband has weighed less than me.  He was naturally thin until middle age. I found that the best way to encourage him to lose weight was to weigh less than him. ;) It does help me a bit to want to weigh less than him but it helps me even more to want to encourage him to lose weight. He sees it as a challenge. I see it as a lifetime goal.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Weigh in for the week ending 11 November 2019: YES by the scale, YES by the trend line, and YES for the goal of weighing less than DH!

I have been a bit more active but also ate my GF butterscotch brownies the past couple days and was definitely NOT under my recommended calorie budget. (I am rarely under my calorie budget according to Lose It!) I mainly enter what I eat so that I am eating consciously.

·
5,901 Posts
Annalog said:
Weigh in for the week ending 11 November 2019: YES by the scale, YES by the trend line, and YES for the goal of weighing less than DH!
Well done!

My biggest problem at the moment is getting enough exercise - now that the winter weather is upon us, trying to get out walking without getting soaked to the skin is proving difficult. Never having done much walking in previous years I just don't have the wet weather gear for doing it in comfort. I don't want to spend money on a waterproof coat which (I hope!) won't fit me after this winter. But not walking enough really does have a significant effect on my weight loss levels. I guess I'm just going to have to get wet! :eek: :(

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
This morning I stepped on the scale and it showed that I weigh1.1 pounds (half a kilo!) more than yesterday morning. That just goes to show how deceiving a single weight measurement can be. I know that I cannot possibly have put on a pound of fat on in 24 hours, even if I did eat a couple brownies and a caramel sunday. I know that most of that weight is water weight as I did a hilly 5K race on Sunday and my thigh muscles are still aching!

Linjeakel, have you considered a rain poncho with a hood or are those not available where you are? One advantage is they don't really have a size other than for height (adult or child). I got mine in the camping section of a local store. They are often fairly inexpensive as they are intended for occasional use. I maybe use mine once or twice a year but then I live in a desert and usually enjoy getting wet when it rains. ;D

·
5,901 Posts
Annalog said:
Linjeakel, have you considered a rain poncho with a hood or are those not available where you are? One advantage is they don't really have a size other than for height (adult or child). I got mine in the camping section of a local store. They are often fairly inexpensive as they are intended for occasional use. I maybe use mine once or twice a year but then I live in a desert and usually enjoy getting wet when it rains. ;D
Hmmm... that's actually not a bad idea... I must look into it. :D

I live in the UK so for about two thirds of the year, rain is the default setting. And it will probably be cold from now till at least May. Wet AND cold is not a good combination. :(

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
For the week ending 22 November 2019, NO by the scale, YES by the trend line, and YES for the challenge with DH.

This will be my last PAW report as an employee of another company. My next PAW report will be as a very busy retired person. I will be working on getting tired as often as possible. I will be re-tired over and over again. ;D

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
For the week ending 29 November 2019: NO by the scale, NO by the trend line, YES for for weighing less than DH!

I am very happy that the day after eating everything that I wanted on Thanksgiving, I essentially weigh what I weighed last week. Yes, I know that yesterday's calories will take a few days to show on the scale and there are still desserts left to eat today and tomorrow but I enjoyed myself, I am happy that I didn't go overboard, and I did ok in the 5K Turkey Trot race yesterday. ;D

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
For the week ending 6 December 2019: NO by the scale, NO by the trend line, NO for for weighing less than DH.

I am still very happy that the week after eating everything that I wanted on Thanksgiving and left overs the folliwing days that I essentially weigh about what I weighed a couple weeks ago. I am back to eating normally. Now to lose a pound or two before the next big eating holiday in a couple weeks. ;D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have learned that cutting portion is difficult because you feel hungry. Changing to the foods that make you feel full works for me.Fruits and Veges not only fill the stomach but are healthy and low in calories. I try to weigh everyday at the same time in the morning.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
For the week ending 14 December 2019: YES by the scale, YES by the trend line, YES for for weighing less than DH.

I am very happy that I have met all three goals! I am back to weighing what I did two days before Thanksgiving.  ;D I have been getting less exercise since I retired due to not walking at work and spending most of my time at home sitting at the sewing machine sewing Christmas aprons for family and a couple friends. However, I have been so focused while sewing that I have not been hungry. This week has had a few two meal days. :D

I have lost weight eating several meals a day and I have list weight eating one or two meals a day. It seems to be mostly calories in vs calories out for me. ;)

1581 - 1600 of 1685 Posts