Kindle Forum banner

POV for sequel(s)?

450 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ruecole 
#1 ·
When I initially plotted out my chick-lit/romantic comedy series of novelettes, I'd intended each book to be a stand-alone story with a different main character. Basically, the series was going follow a group of friends as they each find Mr. Right (I've got 5 books plotted thus far and 6 titles.)

But now that I've written and published the first book (How to Cook Up a Disaster), I'm beginning to wonder if I should stick with my original MC for the next book(s). I feel a bit like her relationship with the hero is just starting to develop and would like to explore it a bit more rather than jumping right into the friends' POVs.

Thing is, though, I don't think the plots I've already got in mind for the subsequent books will adapt well to my original MC. And I'd really hate to just dump them. (Plus I LOVE the titles!) So what I'm thinking is maybe I should add two new titles between the first and what was going to be the sequel, so that I've got 3 books from my original MC's POV, then switch to her best friend for 3 books, then the other friend for another 3 books.

Does this sound like a good plan? Am I overthinking this?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

Rue

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys!

I'd love to be able to publish a book a month, but I do have a thing with showering and sleeping now and again. I sometimes feel like I've got too few hours in a day as it is!  :p

I definitely do intend to write all the stories I've got in mind. I just thought doing 3 each would make it easier for making boxed sets later. But I really like the idea of just going with the flow. Much less stressful than trying to plan everything!  ;D

Thanks!

Rue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.