Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because the web browser is experimental its, shall we say, less than perfect.  I, like most of you use my Kindle to read, but was wondering about practical web sites that come in handy when "out in the wild".  Has anyone found useful, kindle friendly web sites they would like to share?

·
Registered
615 Posts
bookfiend said:
Because the web browser is experimental its, shall we say, less than perfect. I, like most of you use my Kindle to read, but was wondering about practical web sites that come in handy when "out in the wild". Has anyone found useful, kindle friendly web sites they would like to share?
Yes. I have an entry for that at
http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/2009/04/mobile-versions-of-webpages-for-kindle.html

Looking fwd to an Italian restaurant the other day, to celebrate a birthday, we found it wasn't open for another half hour. So I used m.yelp.com which is a stripped down mobile version of yelp.com (a great site to use) to see what Italian restaurants were nearby (using zip code) and had good reviews. Found a really terrific one, and was able to read a few reviews of it before going there.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info.  I was running errands today, (about 40 miles from my native stomping ground) when a huge wopper craving overcame me.  I wandered, finding everything but BK.  Then on a whim, I pulled over, opened my kindle, and yelp not only found one, but gave me a map.  I was so Happy I had to call my husband, and thank him once again for my Kindle.

·
Registered
615 Posts
bookfiend said:
Thanks for all the info. I was running errands today, (about 40 miles from my native stomping ground) when a huge wopper craving overcame me. I wandered, finding everything but BK. Then on a whim, I pulled over, opened my kindle, and yelp not only found one, but gave me a map. I was so Happy I had to call my husband, and thank him once again for my Kindle.
You have a FINE husband. And that Kindle device is a real wonder.

It's vastly underrated as 'just a book reader' ...

It's like carrying around an info-wizard !

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I use sparksnotes all the time.  It's not -perfect-, but once you get the book looked up that you want information on it's actually pretty handy and easy to use.  You just need to know how to manipulate the site with the Kindle as it's a lot different than even trying on a phone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts