Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start praying for our Kindle Service Men and Women who are members of this KindleBoard...I will do this at home in my prayertime.

Those of our Service Members who would like me to pray for you daily, please just write your names...and what service you are in...so I can keep a list and pray for your continued safety.

Thank you to each and everyone of you for your Active Duty in Serving Our Great Country.

Sailor/Diane

·
Registered
829 Posts
awwww  sailor!!  ((hugs))   I grew up in the military - my dad is a 30 year Air Force veteran and I think you are awesome.

·
Registered
629 Posts
sailor, what a great idea! my husband is currently in Iraq but coming home next month! he's been gone since last october. thank you for starting this. my prayer is that they ALL come home soon, safe and sound. Thanks again :)
        " Kindled Spirit"

P.S. he can't wait to see my kindle :D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kirstin said:
I grew up in the military - my dad is a 30 year Air Force veteran.
Kirstin, Thank your father for his 30 years of Service for Our Country. That is so honorable.
Do you mean you were in the military, or because your dad was...you were?
I am praying in general now but would like to have specific people and branch of service to keep it personal.

Angela, thank you, the more pray-ers, the more Powerful the prayers. I am not Catholic, but my sister is and bought me some rosary beads 2 months ago. She knows I pray and thought rosary beads might enrich my prayertime. She asked if I would promise to say the rosary everyday until we saw each other again. I agreed. Since then, after reading on the 'net' about praying the rosary and what it means and all that...I am really enjoying the meditative state that happens while 'I call it chanting' the rosary, and at the same time doing meditative prayer while 'chanting'. It just makes me concentrate on my prayers that much more effectivly. I have read where other denominations are now taking up rosary beads and praying them also...it is really something to behold. When I finish each decade (there are 5 decades) that is when I do my personal praying... I say my own prayers instead of following the Catholic prayers...my sister said this was okay because the rosary was just a tool to get a person to pray. I can't do anything 'normal' I always have to follow my own way...LOL

Thank you all for the kind words, but the Glory goes to God not me; thank Him for giving me the desire to do this for our Military...Our Troops deserve the thanks and the blessings...I have the easy part.

Kindled Spirt...Ha, love that name. What is your husband's name? Would like to have a specific...and what branch? I will pray for his constant safety and safe return home to you, and yes, that each and everyone of our HEROS come home Safe. How exciting, he will get to see Kindle! HoooYaaaa! I thank him for his service for Our Country...for keeping us safe and the Iraqi people safe. Peace be on all our Soldiers. Oh, I just reread and he's been out since last October...I do hope he gets to stay home for a good length of time, or is this his last deployment? Kindled Spirit's Husband, family and all military are on my list.

·
Registered
829 Posts
sailor said:
Kirstin, Thank your father for his 30 years of Service for Our Country. That is so honorable.
Do you mean you were in the military, or because your dad was...you were?
color]

I was not in the military myself. I was an AF brat. My dad retired when I was a senior in high school. Personally I thought it was a great way to grow up. I got to go to middle school in Athens Greece and high school in England. My brother on the other hand didn't like being a military child - it was hard for to move every couple years.

I tell my dad all the time that I'm proud of him. :) He's 70 now and enjoying his retirement with my mom.

·
Registered
629 Posts
sailor,
No not home yet....he's been gone since Oct. of last year. he will be coming home in december, will get here before christmas. His name is Randall and he is in the army. thank you for your prayers.
    Kindled Spirit

·
Registered
829 Posts
Kindled Spirit said:
sailor,
No not home yet....he's been gone since Oct. of last year. he will be coming home in december, will get here before christmas. His name is Randall and he is in the army. thank you for your prayers.
Kindled Spirit
Yey! he'll be home for Christmas!! You must be so excited! I will keep Randall in my thoughts and prayers!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Kindled Spirit said:
sailor,
Kindled Spirit
Yup. That sounds like one of our Army deployments. Nice and long.

My name is Tom and I'm in the Army. I've only been to Iraq once (Dec 2003- Apr 2005), but do get sent off on lot of long training missions as I am an officer in a Special Forces support company. I started off in the Army National Guard back in '97 as a cook. I am now a Quartermaster/Logistics officer in an airborne unit. Good times. I have drill this whole coming weekend in fact.

Thank you for your offer of prayers. We can always use them and if you would, please include those local civilians in the nations our military is operating in. They could use the prayers even more than we.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thomashton said:
Yup. That sounds like one of our Army deployments. Nice and long.

My name is Tom and I'm in the Army. I've only been to Iraq once (Dec 2003- Apr 2005), but do get sent off on lot of long training missions as I am an officer in a Special Forces support company. I started off in the Army National Guard back in '97 as a cook. I am now a Quartermaster/Logistics officer in an airborne unit. Good times. I have drill this whole coming weekend in fact.

Thank you for your offer of prayers. We can always use them and if you would, please include those local civilians in the nations our military is operating in. They could use the prayers even more than we.
Thank you so much for your service Tom in the Army, it means a lot you sacrifice for Our Freedom and Security. My dad was in the Army also, In WWII, stationed in Italy. He passed on when I was 22 and I sure do miss him...I think that is why I always remember our service people. I will keep the civilians in my prayers also, heck, those poor people are the front lines! I keep Military, Police, Firefighters, Government and Religious Leaders in my prayers also...in general. Our country needs all the prayers it can get. I felt lead on this KindleBoard, I guess because of the homey feel I get here, I felt I needed to have personal names and branch to make it 'real' for my journal.

What do you mean ONLY been to Iraq once Dec 03-05, that is enough for a lifetime! The things you have to endure while your there, even for a short time, takes a lifetime to 'work out' mentaly. My best friend's son just got back from Iraq, Randy/Marine, and it was his first and last deployment, he couldn't handle it and is short of 'loosing it'. He won't seek help so all I can do is pray for him and his sanity. Some of you guys go through more than what anyone should have to handle in a lifetime. Let it be, you are in my prayer journal. If you have anyone also to pray for personally, I will add them, but just know, I will always be praying for you all.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I found this very old thread this morning and have decided to give it a bump. 
I know we have some military moms and wives.  This would be a good place for
you all to share about your family members.
deb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts