Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is any one else having a problem with the pre-order for Kindle?  I've used it twice and both times it shows processing on my account and the book never gets added to my library or my Kindle. once is still showing from August.  I've called Amazon Kindle Support and they can't figure out if this is just a glitch with my Kindle or with the pre-order function.  They are turning it over to the programmers.    They have assured me I won't get charged twice because of this, so I did the one click and it downloaded immediately.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've pre-ordered a couple of books with no problem. If they can't figure it out then maybe they should send you a new Kindle. It's one thing if it's a glitch every once in awhile but not if it's books from a couple months ago too.
-Did you click on check for new items?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've clicked on download new items, rebooted both hard and soft and nothing happens.  They have sent it to the programmers since they can't figure out why it is happening.  Everything else I order thought one click or my computer downloads fine it it is just the pre-order that doesn't work.  It never even gets put in my list, it just shows on the site as processing when the day comes and then nothing happens.  Since it never gets past the processing stage on the Amazon site I'm thinking it's on their end not mine.  I keep plenty of money in my gift card and my credit card works for other purchases, so it isn't that.  I jsut wondered if anyone else was having a problem.  From the lack of responses obviously not which makes it even stranger.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I haven't pre-ordered anything because I have seen so much fluctuation in Kindle prices when a book is first released. I wouldn't want to pre-order something and have it be delivered to my Kindle at $14.99 and then have the price drop a few days later. So I just wait til the book is out and then buy it then.

L

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Guess I don't get the point of pre ordering a Kindle book.  They are sure not going to run out.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I liked the idea of being able to wake up in the morning and have a book I really want download immediately.  I don't pre-order unless I know the price is good and there haven't been that many books you can do it for.  I'll just wait in the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm curious if tech support had you run any diagnostics on your Kindle. Did you report data from 411, 511, or 611 services?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They had me run everything on my Kindle and my Kindle checked out fine.  The strange part is they just don't seem to be processing on the Amazon end.  It just says processing and then sticks there.  I don't pay for the books, and I can't download them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts