Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of what happened when Kindle 2 was announced, this thread is offered as a central location for those who don't understand how the world works:

If Kindle 3 is announced this week as expected, Amazon should offer a free upgrade to all owners of Kindle 2, who have only had their devices for about 3 months. It is outrageous that Amazon would announce a new model so soon after the previous version. They must have known there was a new model in the works and they had a moral obligation to notify purchasers before they bought. If the new version has folders, they should not only provide a free upgrade, but should include a minimum of 50 free book downloads so users can take advantage of the folder function without having to spend more money. If the new version has darker text, Amazon should provide a full refund to all those who purchased a Kindle 2 but don't want the new model. Of course, they should be allowed to keep their Kindle 2 devices.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Are we now trolling the Kindleboards?

First, we have no idea what they are announcing on Wednesday.  It could be anything from Kindles becoming available in Canada and Europe to a deal with a publisher.  The info on a proposed Kindle  is not a new replacement model, but a different model for people with a different need.  Getting upset makes about as much sense as someone getting upset at Apple for adding the Ipod Shuffle and Ipod Touch to their lineup, because he/she bought an Ipod Classic.  How about we just call it the Kindle XL instead of the Kindle 3?  If the Kindle XL comes out, I have no desire to own one.  It would be great for people with textbooks, heavy magazine readers or those who need the largest font size.

If they announce a Kindle XL, great.  It doesn't affect me at all.

Lara Amber   

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Free upgrade, 50 free books, full refund plus keep the device? Don't want much do you?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I think he's joking...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I wouldn't get too upset at this. I agree, if it IS a new Kindle version, it would be a different model with other/new features. They have been buzzing about a  larger screen version for some time now and the people that would buy that IMO are a totally different market than the average Kindle user for casual reading. 

·
Registered
107 Posts
Personally, I don't want the Jumbo Kindle whether it comes out today or tomorrow.  It doesn't suit my needs.  I love my K2.  It's what I wanted and what I bought.  It goes with me everywhere in my handbag.
As far as a free upgrade?  Ridiculous......I don't even want to elaborate on that.     

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's called the "Early Adopters Tax."

Buying a cutting edge device when it's introduced always costs more than buying it a few months (or versions) later.

I paid $800 for a Tivo S3 the day it was released, a year later the same model price was $399.

It's just the way it works.

There's always something new and exciting behind the next door, get used to it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought the K1 and then shortly after (a matter of weeks) the price dropped. Amazon then paid me back the difference/ if there is a price drom in the K2 i imagine we'll get some money back but I doubt that a new model will come out so soon.

·
Registered
947 Posts
ladynightshade said:
I bought the K1 and then shortly after (a matter of weeks) the price dropped. Amazon then paid me back the difference/ if there is a price drom in the K2 i imagine we'll get some money back but I doubt that a new model will come out so soon.
Amazon doesn't do price guarantees after a product ships anymore. I think they stopped in August or so. So even if someone bought the K2 yesterday and the price dropped by $30 today, no refund would be issued for the difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.