Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many (if any) of you have the same annoying problem I do. While reading my Kindle, I have a tendency to press the Next Page button before I've actually finished reading the current page. Not all the time, and most times the delay from when I push it until the display starts to change I can, in fact, finish reading the last few words (under duress). But maybe every 20 to 30 pages I have to then press the Previous Page button to finish the page that I prematurely left.  ::)

Is it just me, or does anyone else suffer from Impatient Thumb Syndrome?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I swear I do this 2!!

Every once in a while I will catch myself before I actually release the Next page button and if you keep it help down it won't actually turn the page until you release the button. So then if I have like a sentence or 2 I just keep the next page held down read the last sentence or so and then  I release.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
koolmnbv said:
I swear I do this 2!!

Every once in a while I will catch myself before I actually release the Next page button and if you keep it help down it won't actually turn the page until you release the button. So then if I have like a sentence or 2 I just keep the next page held down read the last sentence or so and then I release.
This is exactly what I do as well. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
koolmnbv said:
I swear I do this 2!!

Every once in a while I will catch myself before I actually release the Next page button and if you keep it help down it won't actually turn the page until you release the button. So then if I have like a sentence or 2 I just keep the next page held down read the last sentence or so and then I release.
Thanks for this tip. I've also got a problem with premature clicking so I will give this a try. :D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I start to click the next page button when I'm on the last line or two of the page so that I don't have any wait at all to get to the next page.  But, sometimes my timing is off and I jump the gun and have to go back.  So, you're not the only one.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I actually do it on purpose! Well not on purpose, but I know I'm doing it and don't really correct it. I thought it was just because I get in a flow and my hand over subliminally over anticipates. I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one. I just figured it was on account of having bad ADHD.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
NogDog said:
I was just wondering how many (if any) of you have the same annoying problem I do. While reading my Kindle, I have a tendency to press the Next Page button before I've actually finished reading the current page. Not all the time, and most times the delay from when I push it until the display starts to change I can, in fact, finish reading the last few words (under duress). But maybe every 20 to 30 pages I have to then press the Previous Page button to finish the page that I prematurely left. ::)

Is it just me, or does anyone else suffer from Impatient Thumb Syndrome?
lol That is something I have noticed myself doing as well. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Me too for Kindle, me too for mouse. I just thought I was fumblefingered.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I definitely do this, and I think I realized why. If I'm reading something online, and I'm almost finished, I can usually type in the next address I want to go to and because it takes a couple seconds longer, I have time to read more than I do on the Kindle. And everytime I do it, I'm like "oh, I'm dumb, I still have one more paragraph" lol.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Didn't the K1 take a little longer for the page to turn than the K2?  I seem to jump the gun a lot with my K2, but I thought it was probably because I got used to the little bit of extra time with the K1.  I have been known to turn pages on DTB's a little prematurely, too.  I think it happens when I'm excited about seeing what's going to happen next.  (I read a lot of mystery/thrillers!)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow...this is me, especially when I am at a crucial part of the story and I am really into it.  Seems my anticipation to find out what happens next translates to the "premature pagination".  That is hilarious, now it will be stuck in my head the next time I do it!  Glad I am not the only one  :)

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
I also push the Next Page button too soon. I do not do this too often but at least a few times a week. When this happens, I sometimes forget and push Home instead of Prev Page. (I wouldn't have that problem with a Kindle DX but would expect Kindle DX users to do that frequently on a K2.  ;))

I sometimes lift the lower right corner of the Kindle and start to turn the Kindle over as if it were a page in a book. Because of the way my homemade cover works, it is possible to turn the Kindle within the cover so that the back of the part holding the Kindle is visible. Of course then I see the cloth cover and not the book text.  ::)  ;D I probably do this about two or three times a month and only on the first page turn in a single reading session. This probably falls in the same category as trying to use the Kindle 5-way to look up a word in the dictionary when reading a DTB.  ::)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts