Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My time is up in KU and I am ready to go wide with a few of my books.
I plan on going direct with Apple, Google, and Barnes and Noble. Draft2Digital for the rest.
So, my question is, other than uploading the books onto the platforms, is there anything else I can or should do in regards to this new launch?
And where do my paperbacks come in with the move?
Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
This may seem like a strange tip--but consider running AMS ads on the books you take wide--that will drive your sales on Amazon more than anything else (plus FB too if you like). Most wide authors don't think to also do AMS but it's invaluable. The true value for me with being wide is getting sales on Amazon vs KU. It takes a lot longer to build up reader base on the other stores, so AMS can quickly help you make up for losing the page reads and in my instance it took my books to a much higher level than I ever hit in KU. I would also highly recommend launching a new series wide at the same time you move your books wide, that is what I did and it worked well.

·
Registered
13,299 Posts
Learn how to market without paid ads, because it's likely you'll rely on it a lot more than if you were in KU. Simply said, there are too many platforms and they're too fragmented to run ads to them all the time. Learning to advertise without paid ads will continue to pay dividends for years to come. It's not spectacular or glamorous, but it works. Read Joe Solari's "Advantage" for the general principles and mindset.

Basically, they principles are these:

Optimise your catalogue
Optimise your website and other funnels leading into your catalogue
SEO the hell out of those pages
Let search engines (not just Google, but also Facebook, Amazon and Pinterest) do the work for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts