Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all,

I'm very pleased to announce the publication on Kindle of my newest book, We Interrupt This Date. To add to the excitement, I will soon be able to read my books on my very own Kindle 2, which has shipped and is on its way to me.

About We Interrupt This Date: Since her divorce a year ago, Susan Caraway has gone through the motions of life, feeling at best mildly depressed. Now she is finally coming out of her shell. Just when she decides on a makeover and a new career, her family members call on her for crisis assistance. First there's her sister DeLorean who has come back from California with a baby, a designer dog, and no prospects for child support or a job. As soon as DeLorean settles in at Susan's home, Susan's son Christian comes home from college trailing what Susan's mama refers to as "an androgynous little tart." Then there's Mama herself, a southern lady who wrote the book on bossy. A secret from Mama's past threatens to unravel her own peace. But not before Mama hurts her ankle and has to move into Susan's home with her babies-two Chihuahuas with attitude. Susan would like to start her new job as a ghost tour operator. She would like to renew her relationship with Jack Maxwell, a man from her past. But Jack isn't going to stand in line behind her needy family.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to say that this one is not a children's book, though that was probably clear from the book description.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Congratulations on your K2 purchase.  And also congratulations on your book.  I have already dl'd a sample. 
Thanks, deb

Z

·
0 Posts
Hey, the synopsis is intriguing!!!

Book sounds great to me!!! Love it a book has several storylines going on and they all just sort of converge!!!

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I just sent you another response via email and hope this one doesn't get lost in the electricity.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
By the way, congratulations on your "category rankings"

#1 in  Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Fiction > Horror > Ghosts
#3 in  Kindle Store > Kindle Books > Parenting & Families > Family Relationships
#6 in  Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Ghosts

But, man, those are weird categories for your book.  ;D :D ;D

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But, man, those are weird categories for your book.
Thanks. I feel the same way about the categories, but when you publish, they have a list and you have to choose the best one from a limited selection that's like a flow chart. I wish they'd change this. I think it would be much more helpful for readers.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Donna,

Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy the book and I do appreciate you putting it at the top of your TBR list. My niece just read it--after she's had the copy I gave her for ages. She called to apologize for waiting so long to read it "because it's so good and if I'd known, I'd have read it right away." Goodness. You would think my own niece would have more faith in me, but then she doesn't have much time to read.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
My wife and I both loved "We Interrupt This Date." My guess is that many readers will recognize some members of their own family in the book, which is about one of the most dysfunctional families you'll ever meet!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've raised the price of We Interrupt This Date from 1.99 to 2.99, but oddly enough Amazon now has it priced at 1.59. I suppose some other seller has it priced at that point and Amazon is following suit. Anyway, now is the time to get it if you haven't yet--before the price goes up.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm featured today on Kindle Cheap Reads.

http://kindlecheapreads.com/category/supercheap/

I've had a super response--have sold 6 Kindle copies of Night Camp and 15 of We Interrupt This Date so far today. We Interrupt This Date is currently ranked #1608 paid in the Kindle store! Still in weird categories for the book. Family relationships is okay, but for some reason they also have it on the horror categories.

Linda

·
Banned
4,562 Posts
JimC1946 said:
My wife and I both loved "We Interrupt This Date." My guess is that many readers will recognize some members of their own family in the book, which is about one of the most dysfunctional families you'll ever meet!
Just reading the OP made my eyes wide! I thought 'My God! This lady knows my family!' :D For real. OK, so are you from Texas, Miss Evans? Sounds like a smashup book. Good luck! I might just one click this one to see what happens.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We Interrupt This Date is currently #22 in the UK Kindle store under family relationships, #45 under horror--parodies and satire, and #93 under horror--ghosts.
I dont' get those last 2.
Brendan, I am not from Texas, but maybe your family is like my family. Perhaps we're related. Hmmmm.

Linda

1 - 20 of 64 Posts