Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the light in my Amazon shopping cart last night at $9.99.  This morning I went into Amazon to place the order and an "Important Message" pops up and the price is now $14.99.

Can you believe that!  That's a little pricey, I'm almost tempted not to get it.  My guess is that M-Edge is counting on the fact that anyone you bought their case will also want their light.  I think that is playing a little dirty.

I'm sad.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
The light has been sale priced for a couple of months now.  I think there was a message somewhere that the price was, indeed, going up at some point.  Sorry you missed that. 
debbie

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see that message.  I'm bummed. 

In the whole scheme of things, $5.00 isn't much.  But it just bugs me that I missed something by just a couple hours.  ...the story of my life :(

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I just went to the M-edge site, buymedge.com, and they still list the light at a sale price of 9.99. 
debbie

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is weird - I must have hit the Amazon site at just the wrong time.

I went back to look at my cart and I got another "Important Message" that the price was decreased from $14.99 to 9.99.

I'm sure glad I didn't order it during that short time where it wasn't on sale  :-\

Weird!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thought I throw an interesting story out there. When my husband he ordered my kindle he also ordered me a medge case (the new one) and thought it came with the light. Then I informed him it did not, the picture was just showing how it worked with the case. So he ordered it. Then it disappeared off of his amazon.com account as if he did not order it. He thought since it had been on the account so long and the order had not been fulfilled that maybe there was time limit on how long it would stay there. So okay no big, just need to re-order. I thought I would wait until my K arrived. So, then I read this post and thought well gezzz I need to order soon. So I did. Well today I got the light in the mail, but from his amazon account not my own. So now I have a light on order that I already own. I did contact medge to cancel and am waiting for a reply. But isn't that odd, the order disappeared, but light came anyways.

LSbookend

·
Registered
260 Posts
LSbookend said:
Thought I throw an interesting story out there. When my husband he ordered my kindle he also ordered me a medge case (the new one) and thought it came with the light. Then I informed him it did not, the picture was just showing how it worked with the case. So he ordered it. Then it disappeared off of his amazon.com account as if he did not order it. He thought since it had been on the account so long and the order had not been fulfilled that maybe there was time limit on how long it would stay there. So okay no big, just need to re-order. I thought I would wait until my K arrived. So, then I read this post and thought well gezzz I need to order soon. So I did. Well today I got the light in the mail, but from his amazon account not my own. So now I have a light on order that I already own. I did contact medge to cancel and am waiting for a reply. But isn't that odd, the order disappeared, but light came anyways.

LSbookend
Hi LS- the same thing happened to me. The order didn't really disappear, though. If you search your past orders (orders placed in the past 6 months), it should be there. My e-luminator just showed up in the mail yesterday with no warning. I really like it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well I ordered mine last week @9.99 with the understanding that it would not be shipped til late Jan early Feb and that it would be shipped from M-edge.  Surprisingly, the charge showed up on my card already which I didn't think should happen until item is shipped

·
Registered
376 Posts
KCFoggin said:
Well I ordered mine last week @9.99 with the understanding that it would not be shipped til late Jan early Feb and that it would be shipped from M-edge. Surprisingly, the charge showed up on my card already which I didn't think should happen until item is shipped
probably because amazon is not doing the fulfillment for the light (m-edge is and that is why free shipping applies to the cover but not the light when ordering from amazon).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wannabe said:
Hi LS- the same thing happened to me. The order didn't really disappear, though. If you search your past orders (orders placed in the past 6 months), it should be there. My e-luminator just showed up in the mail yesterday with no warning. I really like it.
It was his account, I just went with it. Oh well. I got my light, now if my kindle would just show up.

LSbookend

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LSbookend said:
Thought I throw an interesting story out there...
LSbookend
Crazy stories about that light. I think that little guy is going to be a trouble maker.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Supposedly, if you order the light with the M-Edge case, the price should still be $9.99, but the promo is not working. Amazon was supposed to get back to me today about this, but still nothing.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I did check the M-edge site last night and the sale price is gone.  14.99 there as well. 

Tracey, love your avatar. 
debbie

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm glad I got mine ordered during that brief time when the price was back down to 9.99.  If it had been $14.99, I just might have bought a different light.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Prof, very good question. 

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ProfCrash said:
If the light only works with one particular cover, why isn't it included in the prace of that cover?
That would be like saying "an Oberon Kindle cover only works with the Kindle so why isn't it included in the price". Well... cuz it's an accessory that some people want and others don't want and therefore shouldn't have to pay for.

Or it's like buying the fully loaded car as compared to the one without the heated seats (which are very nice in Minnesota) or the iPod player. You might not want to pay for heated seats if you live in Florida.

A

·
0 Posts
Your order didn't disappear at all. It's 2009 now, and I'll bet the order was placed in Nov or Dec 2008, right? Well Amazon only shows the orders placed in the current year as the default. You just have to click the drop down box, choose show orders placed in the last 6 months, then click go and you'll see them.  :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts