Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of sorting out the paperback version of Changers'  Summer through createspace and was wondering what people thought about pricing?

It will be 178 pages and I was thinking of $9.99 as a price point which will allow extended distribution, but I am wondering whether to price a little lower and to forget EDC.

Are other people with YA novels seeing EDC sales?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
466 Posts
Honestly, I'm not seeing much in the way of paperback sales at all through Amazon or expanded distribution channels.  I'm actually considering lowering my price by another buck to see if that helps, but I doubt it will do much.  However, I will continue to pay for expanded distribution for it, and for my next novel... not because I think I'll make any money on them, but because I want them out there and available.

One thing to beware of, and something I'm still trying to get CreateSpace to answer.  After two months of availability on B&N, Buy.com, and several other EDC retailers, my book has now disappeared from their listings.  It's also showing as "not available" at Amazon UK.  Still trying to get CS to work out what the problem is... they're investigating.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hot Ticket (middle grade mystery) is 170 pages and I priced the paperback at $8.99.  On expanded sales, I'll only make 70 cents, but I don't want customers who prefer to shop at B&N not to buy because it's not available.  It went live July 11th-ish, and so far all sales have come from Amazon.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
What Tracy said.

I played with margins and font so I could price at $6.99 (got a 200-page ms down to 150 CS pages). I only make 17 cents per copy on extended distribution (as opposed to $1.54 per copy through Amazon) but if someone prefers to buy their books through B&N or to walk into a bookstore and order a copy, I don't want to take that away from them. Also, I'm finding that school libraries and public libraries are expressing interest in ordering, and they buy through a special library ordering sytem, not through Amazon.

I wish I sold more through Amazon, because not only do I make more, but it helps the Amazon ranking, but I'm finding the majority of my sales are through the extended distribution network.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts