Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long before New Releases usually go down in price?  The kindle version of this book (The Hollows #7)  is listed at $14.29 on Amazon.  I really like this series but I'm reluctant to buy the digital version when I can buy the actual version for $15.59. 

Unrelated question: anyone else noticed that digital versions of books are coming out later than the actual books? I noticed this for the 1st time w/ Kitty Raises Hell by Carrie Vaughn (released on 2/24 but digital not available until 3/1). 

Thanks for any info you can give me,
Dee

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason about prices.  Sometimes, ebooks will be the same price for weeks, then will unexpectedly go up for no real reason, other than maybe some relation to, I don't know, the relative humidity in Denmark or something.  Then they'll go back down again.  The new Christopher Moore book came out about a month ago, and the price just recently dropped to $9.99.  Maybe the price has something to do with how long or when or where on the best seller list the book is.
And for your unrelated question:  no real logic there either.  Most of the Stephanie Plum books, for example, are available on kindle, but Plum Spooky came out well ahead of Fearless 14, and at a weird price.  And Fearless 14 had been out nearly a year.  It's one of those bizarre things that keeps us on our toes here at kindleboards.  We've chosen to find it charming.  ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
The price usually drops when the books makes the best seller lists. Hope this one does.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'm with ya' luvmy4brats! Let's just hope that never get's back to JKR!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
There's a saying about the weather in Texas, if you don't like it wait a day and it will be different. Kind of works with ebook pricing too. From what I've seen prices can change every few days if not more often.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I usually stick to the 9.99 price unless its a gotta have now book and Kim Harrison is one of those authors so I paid the price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, Kim Harrison is a must-read author for me also.  So. . . I may not be able to hold out (until the Kindle price drops) I guess the real issue is that I have yet to spend over $9.99 for an e-book.  Thankfully, I've got a couple of other books to tide me over. 

Thanks everyone for your input! 

·
Registered
657 Posts
DKristie1734 said:
Yep, Kim Harrison is a must-read author for me also. So. . . I may not be able to hold out (until the Kindle price drops) I guess the real issue is that I have yet to spend over $9.99 for an e-book. Thankfully, I've got a couple of other books to tide me over.

My other must have authors are:
Stephen King - the only author I will still buy HB DTBs
Charlaine Harris - well just her Sookie series
Patricia Briggs - love her werewolves!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
DKristie1734 said:
Yep, Kim Harrison is a must-read author for me also. So. . . I may not be able to hold out (until the Kindle price drops) I guess the real issue is that I have yet to spend over $9.99 for an e-book. Thankfully, I've got a couple of other books to tide me over.

yep I am also waiting for the price to go down to at least 9.99, too. (if it doesn't go down soon...I'm borrowing my best friends copy when she finishes it.)

I also would recommend Vicki Pettersson's books. I just started reading her books this week and ended up buying all three books. These are the first two books that only cost 5.59 each. Both Charlaine Harris and Kim Harrison gave positive comments about this series.

I also second Chobitz recommendation on the Southern Vampire Mysteries Series by Charlaine Harris. They are fun quick reads and there are about 8-9ish books out for the series.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
yep I am also waiting for the price to go down to at least 9.99, too. (if it doesn't go down soon...I'm borrowing my best friends copy when she finishes it.)

I also would recommend Vicki Pettersson's books. I just started reading her books this week and ended up buying all three books. These are the first two books that only cost 5.59 each. Both Charlaine Harris and Kim Harrison gave positive comments about this series.

I also second Chobitz recommendation on the Southern Vampire Mysteries Series by Charlaine Harris. They are fun quick reads and there are about 8-9ish books out for the series.
Did you see that she is making a guest appearance at one of the vegas libraries? I think its the Clark County one or I would go. Its mid march I believe.... there is a paranomal tour of authors. I still need to start her books, I think I will do that after I finish the Kim Harrison book.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Really. THANK YOU!!!. I know that Vicki Pettersson lives in las vegas and is a member of the Writers' Group I just signed up. I will look it out.

I look she was at one of the libraries last week or so, but by the time I heard about it...it was too late. It had already started and it was across town from me. That was actually the third time I missed one of her signings in town.

The next event she's going to this depending on what side of town it is
I may sign up for this.
Type: Author/Storyteller Visit 
Age Group: Adults & Seniors 
Special Program: Reading Las Vegas

4/16/2009, Thursday, 7 p.m. 

Clark County Library

Room: Jewel Box Theater

RLV Writing Workshop: Get Over Yourself and Get Writing!

Author: Vicki Pettersson

How do you keep out of your own way long enough to sustain an idea and write that idea into a finished book? Join Vicki Pettersson, author of the New York Times best selling Sign of the Zodiac series, as she discusses goal-setting, making time and the steps that first-time authors should take to stop making excuses and beat the mind games that stand in the way of publication.

Edit: Its at Maryland Parkway and Flamingo!!! Such a busy area.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Here it is:
http://www.lvccld.org/events/event.cfm?nID=24801

ype: Author/Storyteller Visit
Age Group: Adults & Seniors

3/11/2009, Wednesday, 7 p.m.
Clark County Library
Room: Jewel Box Theater

Author Visit: The Paranormal Bender Tour
Author: Five urban fantasy authors!

Mario Acevedo (Jailbait Zombie), Mark Henry (Road Trip of the Living Dead), Caitlin Kittredge (Second Skin), and Cherie Priest (Fathom) roll into Vegas in a vintage Impala to present a night of vamps, werewolves, water witches and zombies. This irreverent program features readings from the authors' latest flights of fancy, prizes and even a special guest (hint... she writes the Sign of the Zodiac series). Expect an evening for adult audiences
It looks like she is the special guest. I think she is a member of my book club that has been kind of defunct for a while LOL

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Snap! Its during the week of midterms. I will try to go...if Mom lets me drive to that side of town. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are no assignments assigned the day before, so I don't have rush my work. I so want to go!!!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Right now my limit is $9.99
Same for me. Does the price changes have anything to do with perhaps the author/publisher requesting to make a change??

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
I just joined Vicki's forum and saw Vampy there.
He's everywhere, VA. I think he actually knows Kim Harrison too. He's quite the vamp about town.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts