Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a print version and e-book - same book.  Call it Number Two novel - which I wrote a few years ago, after Number One novel ... Then I wrote Number Three - decided on a sequel to Number One novel which is my personal best selling book. 

I decided, with a small addition and a few narrative details changed, Number Two book could actually fit in between One and Three, and become a three book series later - some same characters in each. 

So, I revised it, and changed the E-book easily - new cover, revised text.  Then changed the print version, new cover, modified story content, and submit.  Got a note from Amz a day or so later, said e-book and print book is now live.  But, it's still the same book, the e-book changed, but print remained the same. Same cover, same story content, no new cover, no 'fixes'. Not much of a techie here, but I've looked at everything, can't figure out what I missed??  Any ideas??

I don't want to bump against TOS accidentally, having two different versions of e-book, and a completely different (no changes) in a print version.  Thanks for any advice  --  B44

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
If you've bought the ebook, you'll only ever get that version, unless you can convince Amazon to push it to you and any previous buyers.

For the print book, you probably have done too much to keep the same ISBN. Have you gotten any emails (check the spam/junk folder) that give you any potential issues?

Otherwise, I don't know. It can take time for new files to replace the old ones. It shouldn't be more than a few days for you to see the changes online. If it's been a week, drop an email through the Contact Us at KDP and ask them to look into it. You'll probably have to reply to a few emails to get it to someone who actually can do anything, just don't start new emails, reply to what you get.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like I should un-publish the print book, install the new version with a new ISBN ... and will label it as new version.

Might have to do that with e-book too, as some places it shows old version, some places it shows new version. The e-book shows new cover, but internally, some areas show new and some show old.

I did not change the title, but did change the cover on both. <puzzled>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts