Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So forgive me if this is a dumb question but if I have all my ebooks in KU and I have KDP Print books with expanded distribution does that still mean there are other print distribution channels I am leaving on the table that I could still use? Or no? I mean use without taking my books out of KU? Just talking print I know I'm not allowed to have ebooks anywhere else.

Edited- Oh sorry finally found the answer to this question. I can't do both expanded KDP distribution and Ingram Spark.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think you can do it if you use a separate ISBN, but you’ll get a better royalty at Spark than Amazon for expanded distribution. Your best option is so expanded through spark and non expanded through Amazon print.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Lisa5 said:
So forgive me if this is a dumb question but if I have all my ebooks in KU and I have KDP Print books with expanded distribution does that still mean there are other print distribution channels I am leaving on the table that I could still use? Or no? I mean use without taking my books out of KU? Just talking print I know I'm not allowed to have ebooks anywhere else.

Edited- Oh sorry finally found the answer to this question. I can't do both expanded KDP distribution and Ingram Spark.
KU, i.e. kdp Select, only applies to digital (e-books) not print versions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would you say it's worth it to invest in your own ISBN's then, (in the UK it will cost £369 for a block of 100) which is kind of a lot for a new author in order to go with Ingram for wide-distribution? TIA

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jjaquila said:
Would you say it's worth it to invest in your own ISBN's then, (in the UK it will cost £369 for a block of 100) which is kind of a lot for a new author in order to go with Ingram for wide-distribution? TIA
Yeah I would not want to pay that much.
Thanks for the answers.
So far I've just done everything through Amazon only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts