Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks like a good alternative to Amazon POD print:  Ingram Spark says they will distribute POD print books
to online retailers, like Barnes and Noble.  So B&N would post the POD print book on their online site for purchase,
and IS would supply the book.  This looks like a perfect alternative to get around Amazon, and widen distribution.
It has the added benefit of making it possible for a customer to order a print copy through brick and mortar book
stores.  Anyone tried this or have a comment? 

·
Registered
787 Posts
Lots and lots of us use IS, myself included. In fact, I use both KDP and IS for the same paperback, using the same ISBN (that I own) for the identical edition on both platforms. This means I earn more for sales beyond Amazon than I would through KDP Expanded Distribution, but I avoid the Amazon availability message issues that IS-only books can often have.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
MikeDD said:
This looks like a good alternative to Amazon POD print: Ingram Spark says they will distribute POD print books
to online retailers, like Barnes and Noble. So B&N would post the POD print book on their online site for purchase,
and IS would supply the book. This looks like a perfect alternative to get around Amazon, and widen distribution.
It has the added benefit of making it possible for a customer to order a print copy through brick and mortar book
stores. Anyone tried this or have a comment?
I do well with Ingram. It also gets my books into libraries. I put one copy with KDP and one with Ingram.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts