Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In The Guardian Newspaper today (UK) there is an article with the headline 'It's the comeback of the printed book - for a week at least'.  Maybe it's just an xmas thing?

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
You can't wrap an ebook. You can gift it using e-gifting, but your recipient doesn't have anything to open and you have nothing to put under the tree.

I had very strong print sales from roughly mid-Nov until Dec 21 and then a very sharp drop-off. I've sold exactly 2 copies since Dec 21. (Dec 21 being the last day people could order using 2-day shipping and be sure it would arrive in time for Christmas.)

Not surprisingly, as soon as my print sales dropped off, my ebook sales picked up. It was the same last year, and I have no doubt I'll see the same pattern next year.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
As has been noted many times on this board, I strongly believe every author should consider putting ourselves in a place where the mix between printed/electronic doesn't matter. It's so easy to do Createspace or other print-on-demand paperbacks, why wouldn't every author have their works available in both formats?

I think you can add audio books into the mix for a third option given the ease of creation ACX now provides.

I, and many others here, believe you're leaving money on the table if you don't have printed books available. It costs nothing other than a little effort.

Even if you don't sell a lot of paperbacks, I believe a reader seeing the option on Amazon adds credibility to your ebook titles.

So far this month, my paperbacks have outsold ebooks by a 70/30 ratio. Even in normal months, the paperbacks are 55%.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Joe_Nobody said:
I, and many others here, believe you're leaving money on the table if you don't have printed books available. It costs nothing other than a little effort.

Even if you don't sell a lot of paperbacks, I believe a reader seeing the option on Amazon adds credibility to your ebook titles.
This. 100%.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
The other suggestion I've heard is having the CS book linked to your kindle book gets you the little tag that says the ebook is such and such percent cheaper than the paperback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts