Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oddball question.  I want to make a few books for myself.  I don't want spiral binding.  One of the books will use color photos.  The other will be just like a fiction book.  Both will have covers--probably in color.  I want to be able to print the book again if need be.  I also don't want to accidentally set the book up for distribution to other vendors.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jodi

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
You can print just one copy from Lulu and set it to private printing so that it doesn't get distributed, only you would have the link to it. After that you can print as many copies or as few as you like. I'm not sure how their prices are for colour printing, like most POD I think it might be quite expensive for colour inside the book. They have options for perfect bound printing (like normal books, not spiral, although it is there as an option too.)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Annette_g:  I never considered Lulu.  I'll look into them. 

@Edward M. Grant:  I was hoping someone would know about Create Space.  But it doesn't sound like they have an easy button to click to make printing for private use only.  The proof copies sound interesting, though.

Thanks! 

And if anyone has any more options, I'm all ears. 

Jodi

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Edward M. Grant said:
It's basically the other way around: all books are private only until you approve them for sale to others.
Really? That may be more like what I am looking for then.

Thanks,
Jodi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts