Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, I hope it isn't user error but... I've downloaded some of the free books this week from sites other than Amazon.  Although in Manage my Kindle they show as a 'success' with a check mark as having been delivered to my K2 but they are not on my K2.  The 2 books from Amazon, one free, one paid, are downloaded and appear on my K2 and also show success in delivery on Manage my Kindle. 

Anyone else having this problem.  I have about 6 books from yesterday and today that have down appeared.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Leslie, Verena, any ideas?

What website are the free books from and what format are they?  Perhaps they're not a native format?

Betsy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, 2 books have not shown up. I got them from the same site I got other books, at the same time, but two didn't come through.  I got them from another free site, and it worked.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
The only time books haven't shown up in my Kindle 1 home page is when they were unreadable by the Kindle.  The ones on the link you sent were in PDF?  How did you convert them and perhaps these two did not convert properly?

Betsy

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Did you look in the Archive?

I assume you have WhisperNet on.... but I have to ask....  ;D

·
Registered
83 Posts
slh92462 said:
Hmm, I hope it isn't user error but... I've downloaded some of the free books this week from sites other than Amazon. Although in Manage my Kindle they show as a 'success' with a check mark as having been delivered to my K2 but they are not on my K2.
Thanks.
This happened to me too, only on my K2. So I connected it to my PC with the USB cable, and when I looked at the Kindle in Windows Explorer, it had a new folder called "ebooks". I didn't create the folder and I was mystified to see it there. So I opened the folder "ebooks" and there were my downloads! I dragged them from the "ebooks" folder to the "documents" folder, which is apparently the only folder that will show on the home screen, and next time I went to the home screen, there they were!!! I guess it was something about the way the 3rd party site downloads stuff.

Kathie

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Blue Marine said:
The three free books I downloaded this morning from http://www.bewrite.net all show up in Windows Explorer Kindle as booktitle.pdf, but they don't show up on the Kindle itself. Has anyone sent these files to Amazon for conversion to .azw?
I have sent PDF files to Amazon for conversion. If the book it pretty much plain text, it has converted without a problem. In the FAQ (stickied at the top of this board) I have screen shots of different PDF files and how they converted.

L

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
I too got some free books from bebook.  I expect I'll use MobiCreator to convert them. . . my recollection is that if I sent it through Amazon it showed my e-mail address as the author.  I'd rather it show the real author and I can edit that 'metadata' if I use MobiCreator.

Ann

1 - 11 of 11 Posts