Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if many of you are aware, but Barnes & Noble have been having issues with Nook books for four or five weeks. In addition to technical issues with downloading (i.e. a customer's ability to purchase and download a book), they are not able to add any new books at this time. For a month I've been trying to add a new book, and while it exists at all other retailers, B&N is still "Pending" and giving me sad little notes via email, such as "We are sorry, we are trying to resolve technical issues." These same sad notes are on their website.

This week I have a Bookbub FNR and only B&N will be missing from the list. That's bad for me and for them. B&N made up 12% of my last Bookbub in sales. This means I'm paying full but not reaching the entire audience. It's also bad for B&N as they lose out on a promo. Their fatalist attitude in their emails leads me to believe this might be the beginning of the end of Barnes & Noble. Their strange messages seem oddly downbeat, such as "We hope we can resolve this, but cannot give you a timeline." (not "we're working to resolve this"). They hope?

Sad to see another retailer go, and I hope I am wrong to jump to this conclusion. 4 weeks of very downbeat emails has me doubting their ability or willingness to stay in the books business. You can hear the sadness in their emails... haha if that's possible.

Anyone else seeing the same problem? I don't use Nook. Is anyone out there unable to buy new Nook books? They claim this issue affects a third of the books, but the inability to add new books applies to all Nook (not paperback).

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
They got hit by a DDoS attack last month. I would be surprised if much of anything is working there right now. And what is working is not working that well or that fast.

It will be a miracle if they survive this.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I never got a lot of sales from B&N, but would hate to see them go the way of the dodo. I was about to load some books onto the platform a couple weeks ago, and saw the warning notice across the top of the dashboard, stating that there were technical issues... Very sad if they don't come out of this.

I was hoping that with the recent sale of B&N to another retailer they might revive a bit. Not just for my own ebook sales' potential, but the idea of the chain surviving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts