Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with the K2's iGo tip (A97)?

My tip just arrived from Amazon and it isn't working.  :'(

I don't think it's a problem with the charger, other tips are working fine with the iGo charger.
I don't think it's a problem with the Kindle2, it's original charger is working fine.  I even reset the Kindle just to make sure, still no luck.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hmmm...I do not have an iGo, but since everything else is working fine, sounds like you may need to return it. 
deb

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sugar said:
Hopefully I don't sound too dense lol , but what is an iGo tip?
The iGo is a charger that uses an adapter that can be used for many different devices. There are different adapters/tips for the charger and you buy whichever tip fits your device. The tip is the part that plugs into your device. It's fairly compact, easy to use, and if you are traveling it is much smaller than bringing a few different chargers with. You can get tips for iPods & iPhones, all three Kindles, most phones, laptops and netbooks (but I think they require a bigger charger), gps units, lots of things that need charging.

The charger

tip for the K1 is A97

Tip for the K1 is A00

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Kim, did you get a replacement tip?

Betsy
I did get a replacement, the day before our trip. It doesn't work either :( . I had to drag the cable with; not a big deal, but it does bug me that I got two tips that don't work. Then to top it off, on our trip one side of the splitter didn't work.

Right now I only have a 57% success rate with iGo parts. I really like the whole iGo idea, I hope my experience is the exception and not the norm.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
That is a shame. You should definitely let iGo know that you are having a problem with their products.

I have had my iGo, with several tips, for a few years now.... So far everything has worked fine.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
I have five iGo tips (K1, GPS, Nokia, Palm & iPod) and a splitter.  I've used them all with no problem, I'm sorry you're having these problems, definitely contact them about the problem.  I know DawnOfChaos said she had no problem with the K2 A97 tip, anyone else use it with no problem?

Betsy

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I travel with my iGo, tips and splitter to keep down on all the chords I need.  I got the K2 tip for this last trip and when I got to the hotel, it didn't work.  As with yours, everything else worked fine so I think the kindle doesn't like the tip.

Unfortunately, I bought it in April.  After a month in China I forgot about it once I got home so now it's July and I guess I cannot get it replaced.  If you get a new one and it does work, please let me know ...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the same problem with the Kindle tip, I was out of town and my Kindle was dead - the horror!  After twenty minutes of panic and trying everything I could to breath life back into my Kindle I tried the tip with the splitter and it worked fine.  Now for some reason it works either way, like there was never a problem.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Ms Deb said:
I had the same problem with the Kindle tip, I was out of town and my Kindle was dead - the horror! After twenty minutes of panic and trying everything I could to breath life back into my Kindle I tried the tip with the splitter and it worked fine. Now for some reason it works either way, like there was never a problem.
That's odd ... I'll have to go play with my splitter, tip and iGo in different combinations to see if I can get a better result.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.