Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed their page views and download stats disappearing? I've sent a message to the cs team but was hoping mark might have posted in the site updates about this being fixed or what might be causing it. So far, nothing yet, but I know they're busy. Still, it would be nice to be in the loop if their changes might be affecting these things.

Also, have you had trouble making any changes? I can't change my prices. I get an error message. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I tried changing my cover about fifteen times tonight, and kept getting the error message.  I did somehow manage to get a new file uploaded and accepted, though.

G

·
I've just checked and over 1,000 downloads have disappeared from one of my books. It's a freebie so my royalties owed have not changed, but I am slightly concerned.

·
Registered
630 Posts
horse_girl said:
Has anyone else noticed their page views and download stats disappearing?
Mine disappeared too. I was waiting them out a little before making inquiries. It's more of an annoyance to me than anything, but yet another frustration (in a long string) coming from Smashwords.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Accord64 said:
Mine disappeared too. I was waiting them out a little before making inquiries. It's more of an annoyance to me than anything, but yet another frustration (in a long string) coming from Smashwords.
Indeed it is, especially as a new post under Site Update was released yesterday, and instead of offering an explanation for the sudden disappearance of stats, they dedicated the post to the iBookstore promotion... If they continue to ignore emails concerning the problem or fixing it they'll have no more authors in the iBookstore, because everyone will have migrated to better functioning distributors.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lady Vine said:
Indeed it is, especially as a new post under Site Update was released yesterday, and instead of offering an explanation for the sudden disappearance of stats, they dedicated the post to the iBookstore promotion... If they continue to ignore emails concerning the problem or fixing it they'll have no more authors in the iBookstore, because everyone will have migrated to better functioning distributors.
I was more than a little irritated by that, but I'd like to give Mark the benefit of the doubt and hope that his team is working on a solution. I hope they post something about this issue sooner rather than later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts