Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a book using Kindle.  It looked like it was delivered fine.  But when I opened it, there was an error message and it told me to go to MyKindle in Amazon.  I deleted it and tried to download it a couple more times (by using the MyKindle page in Amazon to send to my Kindle).  It did not work.  Then I downloaded it onto my PC, and then transfered it to my Kindle via USB...that did the trick.

I had downloaded about 50 items (samples and full books) before that without a problem.  I don't think I'll have any more, so maybe it is an isolated incident.  The book is titled "Nudge" by Richard Thaler.

Any one have this problem before?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hugh Critz said:
I bought a book using Kindle. It looked like it was delivered fine. But when I opened it, there was an error message and it told me to go to MyKindle in Amazon. I deleted it and tried to download it a couple more times (by using the MyKindle page in Amazon to send to my Kindle). It did not work. Then I downloaded it onto my PC, and then transfered it to my Kindle via USB...that did the trick.

I had downloaded about 50 items (samples and full books) before that without a problem. I don't think I'll have any more, so maybe it is an isolated incident. The book is titled "Nudge" by Richard Thaler.

Any one have this problem before?
Hugh, none of us should have to go through that :) I'd definitely report it to Customer Service as there has to be something wrong with it. They can't fix it for others unless they know about it though.

Might be one of those 'Topaz' formatted ones.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This maybe due to interruptions when you were transferring it wireless. I have encountered such same situation. Thus, it is better and I have used the USB to transfer the files just to be sure. I may be wrong but this is my experience only.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
artsandhistoryfan said:
Might be one of those 'Topaz' formatted ones.
What is 'Topaz'? The file type shows it is a TPZ file, sounds like it is what you thought....but what does that mean? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
There are numerous better explanations here and there if you search for "topaz" but, in short, it's is an alternate Kindle format that is more akin to a scanned book rather than one typed up and converted.  Most folks experience has been that the text is not rendered as well.

Ann

·
Registered
460 Posts
As others have mentioned, there are occasional rendering issues with the Topaz, but this particular case just sounds like an isolated issue. If you have further problems, though, you should contact Amazon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts