Votes: 31 75.6%
  • Executive cover with elastic corner straps

Votes: 10 24.4%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an M-edge cover and I currently have an order for an Executive cover...........but I just found out they made a Prodigy cover with the hinges. Now i'm torn. Should I take a risk and try the hinges or should I stick with the elastic straps? Which do you think will best protect my Kindle and also be user friendly? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I ended up changing my order to the Prodigy - I like the hinges and I think I remember seeing that it has small elastic on the outer corners - I am going to feel really secure with the two.  Can't wait for it to come - my Minerva needs clothes!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
rho said:
I ended up changing my order to the Prodigy - I like the hinges and I think I remember seeing that it has small elastic on the outer corners - I am going to feel really secure with the two. Can't wait for it to come - my Minerva needs clothes!
Yes! That's one thing I like about it over the Amazon - the corner straps to hold it in place better and provide added security. Plus, color choices (which I need to make) and closure. I can't wait to see which cover I really like better when all is said and done and I've actually had a chance to try them. My guess is I'll like them all for different reasons. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm with the Executive and corner straps. I guess I'm just being cautious, since that's what most resembles my K1 mEdge. I got the imitation leather, though, so I haven't spent a huge amount of money if it turns out I don't like it. (It's not that I'm going cheap on Pan's dress, it's just that Pan and I don't like using leather cuz we feel sorry for the cows.)

·
Registered
599 Posts
I was in your same situation. I was going to get an executive but canceled it and ordered a prodigy instead. People seem to like the hinge system on the Amazon covers, plus there's no corner strap on the left that might block the power switch.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can't see the added benefit of the hinge clips since everyone says that the k1 4 corners cover is VERY secure.  Why fiddle with snapping the kindle in and out of the prodigy clips... there doesn't seem to be any added benefit.  I am going with the executive 4 corners cover.

On another note, I noticed that they've moved up the Ship date on the m-edge site to March 18th.  I am a little annoyed that its taking so long to get these out... they have had the information on the new kindle since at least Feb. 9th.... Does anyone know where their stuff is made?  China?  Even the illuminator light, I mean, come on, its been sold out since December.................

·
Registered
558 Posts
k_reader said:
I can't see the added benefit of the hinge clips since everyone says that the k1 4 corners cover is VERY secure. Why fiddle with snapping the kindle in and out of the prodigy clips... there doesn't seem to be any added benefit. I am going with the executive 4 corners cover.
The benefit of the hinge system is that some people don't like the looks of the diagonal, dark corners. Maybe if the corners were white, the look of them wouldn't bug me so much, but they seem so obvious and distracting to me. Everyone's different - I'm sure some people love corners, so no need to reply and say "You're wrong - I love them".

·
Registered
290 Posts
vermontcathy said:
The benefit of the hinge system is that some people don't like the looks of the diagonal, dark corners. Maybe if the corners were white, the look of them wouldn't bug me so much, but they seem so obvious and distracting to me. Everyone's different - I'm sure some people love corners, so no need to reply and say "You're wrong - I love them".
See, I'm going to agree, that's why I wish the Prodigy case didn't have the corners on the right. I don't find the Kindle flops at all without them. Maybe make them an option?

Love the hinges.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
tlrowley said:
See, I'm going to agree, that's why I wish the Prodigy case didn't have the corners on the right. I don't find the Kindle flops at all without them. Maybe make them an option?

Love the hinges.
I love the hinges too . I am glad that M-edge has come out with a cover that has them. ;D

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Ugh - I just placed my order for 2 M-edge covers on the Amazon site and the estimated ship date is March 23 to 27th.  That means I have another month with a nekkid Kindle.  sigh.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree with Anne, the prodigy jacket has corners (2) and a hinge... so I don't see the benefit of the prodigy over the executive.  I see what everyone means by no corners at all (like the amazon cover) but then it has the drawback of no closure strap.  So I guess it depends on what is important to each person... if that is the clean look of no corners, then they have to live with the kindle "flopping" in the case (amazon case), if you want no flopping and a case closure strap, then you have to live with the 2 distracting corners.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I emailed M-Edge and asked if the Executive corner straps would cover the power button or headphone jack.  They said the jacket was made to NOT interfere with either.
  I'm going with the executive because having straps on one side and nothing on the other would feel "off balanced" to me and I think it would bug me.  I am sort of worried that it will be bulky though because it needs to be deeper to make room for the light.  This jacket shows 1 inch, which is what my current cover for the K1 is.  I really want to keep the slimness of my K2. 

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.