Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hope this is the right place! :p

I just noticed my product description hasn't updated on .com - ever! It's still showing the first version of my blurb, yet I've changed it a couple of times and .co.uk and .de are reflecting the current version. Any idea why? x

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Sometimes it takes FOREVER for them to update the product description. And since they have more than one server, sometimes you'll see it updated on one computer but not on another. I'd give it a little more time.

Frustrating, I know. :p

Vicki

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Did you change it at KDP or Author Central? That can make a difference, as I believe if you make changes at AC, that will become the default way of changing from thereon. Have you joined the .com AC? I'm registered at both .com and .co.uk

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've noticed this too. I updated my description through AC (com) and tried again through KDP. The updates aren't propagating to the .co.uk or .de sites, and there's no option for changing descriptions in the .co.uk or .de AC pages.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andrew Biss said:
Did you change it at KDP or Author Central? That can make a difference, as I believe if you make changes at AC, that will become the default way of changing from thereon. Have you joined the .com AC? I'm registered at both .com and .co.uk
I'm registered at AC on all three channels, but I updated my product description through the DTP. It's very odd! I'm not going to chase it up yet, as I still need to work on my blurb - not yet happy with it hehe - and then I'll try again. Maybe if I do it via DTP and the uploaded Kindle file and then do it manually on all the pages, it might work.

I wondered why the ancient one was still showing up on Goodreads etc!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts