Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
74,518 Posts
On a Fire, go to the project gutenberg site via the browser and download the book you want. It will show up in 'downloads' which you can see if you swipe in from the left.

As long as you got the right sort of file -- .prc or .mobi -- should be able to open it without difficulty. Note, however, you won't see it in 'books' and probably not in the carousel. You will need to swipe to the left on the menu to the 'documents' option. You should be able to select it there and once you do that it will show up on your carousel. You should also be able to upload it to Amazon from there, which should then make it available to other devices.

Alternatively, download the books to your computer and then use Send to Kindle to upload it to your device and also archive it in Amazon's cloud. That way it'll be available, as well, on any other device you have or get later without you having to remember to upload it to your cloud at the Zon after downloading it from the web.

· Super Moderator
74,518 Posts
rolandx said:
Thanks. I went to the Gutenberg site via the Silk browser and was able to download the book. Swipe right to downloads and open book. Don't understand next part. "swipe to the left on the menu to the documents option." what menu? from which screen? If I look at Doc from the home page I don't see the book.
The next part was a new paragraph pointing out that you won't find it listed under 'books' . . . which is one of the menu options along the top of the carousel area. You have to swipe left to see the 'documents' option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.