Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started two weeks ago. Anyone watching?

I caught up last night and I guess there's another episode available tonight on Hulu.

There are some really good designers on this season and I think it's going to be very interesting.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I was just thinking about this and thought of starting a thread and here it was!  I am watching and so far, I think the ones "aufed' so far should have been.  Looks like there is pending drama among a few of the designers that most likely will play out.  Right now I like Mah-Jing and Tasha because they seem to actually be nice and drama free.  However, it has only been two episodes.  The talent seems to be pretty high for the most part.
I will say that Jenni's laugh would probably get on my nerves but so far the other designers seem to think it is quirky. 

I am looking forward to the discussion here.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tripp said:
I was just thinking about this and thought of starting a thread and here it was! I am watching and so far, I think the ones "aufed' so far should have been. Looks like there is pending drama among a few of the designers that most likely will play out. Right now I like Mah-Jing and Tasha because they seem to actually be nice and drama free. However, it has only been two episodes. The talent seems to be pretty high for the most part.
I will say that Jenni's laugh would probably get on my nerves but so far the other designers seem to think it is quirky.

I am looking forward to the discussion here.
Agree about Mah-Jing and Tasha. I liked them both from the introductions, especially Tasha.

When I heard Jenni's laugh, I hoped she'd be eliminated pretty quickly, but it's growing on me. ;D

·
Registered
517 Posts
We cancelled cable but I've been watching the episodes as they are added on Lifetime's website. So far I don't really have any designers picked out that I like, that one guy (can't remember his name) who was throwing "shade" all over the place is annoying and so is that one girls laugh. I started watching the third episode right after I dropped my daughter off at school and I think that's probably the wrong time cause I'm still grumpy and not fully awake.
Oh well, love Tim.

Edit:

Every time I see black light I think blood and semen stains so this episode has been weird just because of that.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kristine McKinley said:
We cancelled cable but I've been watching the episodes as they are added on Lifetime's website. So far I don't really have any designers picked out that I like, that one guy (can't remember his name) who was throwing "shade" all over the place is annoying and so is that one girls laugh. I started watching the third episode right after I dropped my daughter off at school and I think that's probably the wrong time cause I'm still grumpy and not fully awake.
Oh well, love Tim.

Edit:

Every time I see black light I think blood and semen stains so this episode has been weird just because of that.
Thanks for the reminder. It's up for me, too. I tried watching it on the website years ago but it was too difficult. I've got a Roku now and get their channel. Much better. Watching now.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well-deserved win. So often these designs aren't pretty. This one was definitely pretty. The other two in the top three absolutely deserved to be there.

Of the bottom two, I think they made the right choice. The one they kept needs to grow more but I think is capable of better things.

As for "the laugh," I think they record it on a loop and keep playing it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Finally caught up last night, I was two episodes behind. I haven't really warmed up to anyone yet, though I think Laurence might be my favorite. I liked pretty much everything made in the last episode but thought that
Cornelius was being a bit of a baby about the whole thing. Yes the other two were more controlling, but for someone that talks crap about everything and everyone he really let them steamroll him without any issue. Kind of think Tim's save was wasted but he's such a softy sometimes it wasn't a surprise.

I saw that Lifetime picked the show up for three more seasons so I'm excited about that and PR Allstars was picked up for two more seasons.

What does everyone else think about these guys?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I am enjoying watching this season but as usual, I do not understand some of the judging.
I cannot fathom why they like Erin so much. I think her work trends juvenile and do not "get" her. I also don't really like her attitude. She is a poor winner in my opinion.
My favorite is Laurence and I believe she will be in the final 3. And early on, I said that I really liked Mah-Jing because he seems to be a truly nice guy. But his designs are not necessarily my favorites. Finally, I am surprised that I like Jenni's style as much as I do. I usually really dislike drop crotch pants but the outfit in Episode 2 actually pleasantly surprised me.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kristine, I totally agree about
Corneilus. Yes, Erin and Dexter are a couple of spoiled brats, but Cornelius was definitely being whiny. If I were Tim, I would have held on to that save for someone like Laurence or Rik or even Jenni or Natalia.

Jenni has grown on me. I like Mah-Jing, too. Just his personality, although I really enjoyed his last couple of designs.

I was glad to see Roberi win this time. He's worthy of a save, too.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Was really surprised that they
got rid of two people, I didn't disagree with the choices,
but I was surprised. I'm tired of
Erin
, I think the only thing that was good about that dress was the material, which I loved, but still she didn't really do much with it. Wasn't a fan of
Cornelius
dress but I didn't hate it either, I rarely agree with the judges though so that's not a surprise lol

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was surprised, too. Especially that they didn't say anything ahead of time.

I'm pretty sure Erin's dress was copied directly from one of Barbie's dresses.

I guess
Cornelius won by elimination but I think they gave him the win to justify the Tim Gunn save. Both Laurence and Roberi were better imho.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I am finding it an interesting season... I agree Erin is over rated and has a bad attitude... was happy to see
Dexter go, cause he was just as bad if not worse. I just really wonder if they don't get how they come off to the audience. Ugh!

I did like Cornelius's dress but I also liked Laurance's... I just bet the detail she created of the skyline did not read on the runway and the skirt was still a bit wonky.

My friend feels the judges really favor Erin and want to push her through to the finals.... but I think the competition remaining is pretty stiff and if she has one more big blunder she will go home. So we shall see.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I liked Cornelius' dress too. It had nice lines and I liked the seam detail. I just didn't feel either his or Erin's really fit the challenge. But at least Cornelius had some design to it. Erin's didn't.

Mah-Jing did well, too.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Does anyone else think that Erin's designs are juvenile?  It seems like others in the past got criticized for just that.  I am not a fan of Erin's and really hope she gets auffed soon.

On another note, PR Jr is coming back.  I really liked it last year and hope the group of Jr. designers have as much class as last year's.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes about Erin. I mentioned above that I think I've seen that dress on Barbie.

I really enjoyed PRJr last year. I'm with you. I hope these kids have the same kind of class as last year. Hopefully, the producers learned their lesson from Threads.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm to the point where I just want
Erin
gone. I don't like anything
she
does and probably won't.
She
wasn't really bad this episode but my opinion has been formed lol

I really like
Laurence