Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a sports girl and I didn't realize what Feb. 3 was. I booked a promo with kindle fire and bookbub for that day. Is that really awful? I hope not because I already have it booked :-/

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
If your readers are anything like me, they'll be in the office all day anyway so they can avoid listening to football on the tube while men (and sports-minded women) jump around and scream like little babies when their team is getting beat.

So....I say good day for a promo.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I tend to think/hope that serious readers won't even know it's the superbowl ..... I'm with ya though, planned my own promos not even remotely aware what date it was either -DOH! Oh well, too late to back out now. Just going all in :)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I'm a serious reader who will be jumping round like a baby on SB Sunday. But, I will be my usual self before and after, unless I drink too much. :)

I think it will be fine.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Monique said:
I'm a serious reader who will be jumping round like a baby on SB Sunday. But, I will be usual self before and after, unless I drink too much. :)

I think it will be fine.
Pretty much this.

Though if Seattle had made it through the day would have been a lost cause for me. ;)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a YA fantasy. Are teen girls really into SB? I mean aside from waiting to watch the half time show. Anyway, I guess it's already one. Oh well :)

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
livinginfantasyland said:
I tend to think/hope that serious readers won't even know it's the superbowl ..... I'm with ya though, planned my own promos not even remotely aware what date it was either -DOH! Oh well, too late to back out now. Just going all in :)
Well, this could be seen as a bit insulting. ::) I don't really feel like you can draw further conclusions about people just by knowing whether or not they're readers or sports fans. They're not mutually exclusive activities. For example, I consider myself a serious reader. I'm also a football fan and will be watching the game. :-\ Heck, I'll probably be reading a bit WHILE watching the game! :D

Bottom line: lots of folks will watch the game, lots of folks won't. Which, anyway, isn't until the evening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts