Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm trying to find some promo sites for the release of my eBook. I found a wealth of sites via kindlepreneur.com. However, it seems that these sites will only promote the book if you're selling it for free or 99 cents. Is there not any promo companies that will still promote your book even if it's at a higher price point? Any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
Many of the sites listed on kindlepreneur will still promote a higher price point, but you're best off not doing it. Generally, unless you're a well known author, you're not going to see enough sales for it to be worth it. That's just the way the biz is. I know most of us starting out think this low a price point of free or $.99 is ridiculous. I've done tons of promos and still don't stomach it all too well, but it's also ridiculous selling our books at only $2.99, isn't it? It's just the way the current book world is.

Check out Nicholas Erik's website on the best promotion sites. This is a great go-to.

{edited once for clarity

·
Registered
786 Posts
For what it's worth, I'm trying three sites for three different books that will list as free in the next month. But the ads are far enough apart where I can judge the performance.
Fussy Librarian
Book Doggy
Free E-Book Reader

Now, as far as Free-E-book Reader, this is a new venture for me. They claim that one price and one application will get you listed on as many as 18 of the common, usual sites. I did this, and checked off the eligible sites and ended up being accepted on 14 out of the 18. Where I was not accepted were sites that specified a minimum number or reviews and a certain rank, or some other small but vital requirement. I've never used this ad service before, so I can't tell you how effective it is. So I won't say go there. I will report back though. I would be interested to know if anyone has used them before though.

·
Registered
573 Posts
chrisstevenson said:
For what it's worth, I'm trying three sites for three different books that will list as free in the next month. But the ads are far enough apart where I can judge the performance.
Fussy Librarian
Book Doggy
Free E-Book Reader

Now, as far as Free-E-book Reader, this is a new venture for me. They claim that one price and one application will get you listed on as many as 18 of the common, usual sites. I did this, and checked off the eligible sites and ended up being accepted on 14 out of the 18. Where I was not accepted were sites that specified a minimum number or reviews and a certain rank, or some other small but vital requirement. I've never used this ad service before, so I can't tell you how effective it is. So I won't say go there. I will report back though. I would be interested to know if anyone has used them before though.
Not tried the others, but I've used Fussy many a time, always found them pretty good for free!

Please let us know what the others are like though!

·
Registered
575 Posts
chrisstevenson said:
What's free e-book reader? Do you have a link? I couldn't find it on a google search.

I know Reading Deals and Fiverr have services like this. I also saw someone posting on Kboards once offering a service. But I haven't heard of free e-book reader.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the helpful responses. Quick question, if I'm putting my book up for KDP Select/Unlimited, would this then pass as putting my book for "free" on these sites?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Shawn86 said:
Thanks for all the helpful responses. Quick question, if I'm putting my book up for KDP Select/Unlimited, would this then pass as putting my book for "free" on these sites?
Being in KU doesn't count it as free automatically, because only people who are subscribed to KU will be able to read it for free.

For it to be free for the purposes of a free promo with a promo site, you will have to use your KDP Free days to make it completely free on the days the websites run the promo.

·
Registered
786 Posts
alhawke said:
What's free e-book reader? Do you have a link? I couldn't find it on a google search.

I know Reading Deals and Fiverr have services like this. I also saw someone posting on Kboards once offering a service. But I haven't heard of free e-book reader.
Alhawke--Here's the link to the new Book Marketing site. I hope they're not so new as to be ineffective. It's the first time I ran across them too.

https://bookmarketingtools.com/submission-tool-features

Really take it slow and read the directions. I really got lost me a few times and I had to back-track.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I meant to say that you have to manually select your groups within the plan and I think there is a total of 25. A few sites won't accept for various reasons, like number or reviews or rank or other such tidbits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts