Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Looking for advice. I got selected for a Kindle Daily Deal on amazon.com, which is more promotion than I ever had (my only Bookbub was one for the UK only). My question to those who have done it before, should I try and stack others on that same day like BargainBooksy, Bookbarbarian, and so forth? I don't have a giant advertising budget, and this would eat away my ad budget for my next book.

Is promo stacking on the same day a good idea? Or is it better to save the money and do them with a new release when I can do them one day after the next for a several day sales events?

I'm trying to get better at marketing which has always been my weak spot and any advice would help.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's exciting. Congrats! I'm of the view that getting as deep as you can when you can is the right strategy, and I'm currently stacking for a BookBub featured deal. That being said, after being a long-time customer of Bargainbooksy I'm keeping them off and should've dropped them a while ago. Bookbarbarian is pretty cost effective though as well as a few others.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SkyScribe said:
That's exciting. Congrats! I'm of the view that getting as deep as you can when you can is the right strategy, and I'm currently stacking for a BookBub featured deal. That being said, after being a long-time customer of Bargainbooksy I'm keeping them off and should've dropped them a while ago. Bookbarbarian is pretty cost effective though as well as a few others.
Yeah Bargainbooksy has always been pricey compared to the sales I get from it. I'm hoping to move the needle from spending more than I make on a promotion to making more than I spend. With that being said, I have been able to recoup the advertising spend in the tail of promotions, but it'd be also nice think of the tail as a bonus than a necessary component of the ad.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've never had a Kindle Daily Deal through Amazon, so I can't comment on that (perhaps others can). But I've done many promo stacks.

The best resource is Nicholas Erik's. Most of his top tier would help your promotion. I'm ... thinking ... you could approach this like a Bookbub and throw a couple top tiers at it. Maybe a couple the day before the promotion for ranking. Bargainbooksy & Book Barbarian are awesome, no doubt, but for tippy top ROI I find the best are ENT, BKnights, Fussy, Book Raid, EreaderIQ (because they're cheaper and still leading to lots of sales). ENT is an exception being pricier like Bargainbooksy & Book Barbarian but yielding more book sales. As we're talking KU, you could consider Reading Stacks or KU addicts for page reads.

Whatever the case, congrats!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts