Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

Sorry for my recent absence, but I have been sick for the last few months, and even spent thirteen days in the hospital back in May. I am still dealing with some issues, however I am better, at least enough that I am trying to get back to work on some things, at least. Because of my illness, I have been unable to keep The Indie Spotlight active for the last several months. However, now I am ready to get the website going again, but because of the time, expense, and overwhelming popularity of this website, and the amount of work necessary to maintain it, I am adopting a new business model.From now on, I am charging $5.00 US to post your book to the website. But the post, as always, will be permanent, and will also be blasted out over Facebook and Twitter. Posts will not be pre-scheduled. Now. Instead, books will be posted within 3 days of receipt of the questionnaire following payment via Fiverr.com. Once you pay and drop me an email, I will send you the questionnaire to fill out.

Despite my recent absence, The Indie Spotlight is currently getting an average of 2,500 hits a day, as you can review on our public stats page here.

So please, let The Indie Spotlight help you to spread the word about your book to our international audience of readers who are eager to read fresh, new content.

The Indie Spotlight: Where the Indie Author Shines

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello everybody!

As most of you probably know, The Indie Spotlight has been off track lately, unfortunately due my recent health issues and the time constraints I've been under lately. But this week we are back in action and I hope to keep it going consistently from now on. But the website not only costs in time, but money, and I initially created the ad program as a way to not only help promote authors, but also to help pay for the operational costs of the website. But now no one's bought ads in months, and the expenses haven't gone away. We've drawn over 1500 unique visitors a month and at last check it was still growing, and The Indie Spotlight was around long before all of these other wonderful promotional opportunities came about. I don't know if I will be able to keep the website going at this point without some support from you guys, so I'm just asking that you at least think about helping us out. Because I love helping you guys in my small little way, and I want to keep doing it.

When I'm rich, I won't have to ask for help. :) But right now, any support you guys are able to give to The Indie Spotlight is very much appreciated!

Thanks for listening. Please return to regular programming...or whatever...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all,

I just want let everyone know that I have a new ad pricing scheme for The Indie Spotlight. No more rotating ads. See updated pricing above. The site, at times, has averaged as many as 3100 views a month, so please consider supporting the site by checking it out.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Just an observation ... I went to check out the first few books mentioned to see their Amazon rankings, but not a one of them had a direct Amazon link. Do you have any way of tracking how many sales might be resulting from a mention on your site? Or at least click throughs, or something? That's always what I check first when I decide where to spend my advertising dollars--how are the books mentioned there doing? Of course I know a lot of factors go into a book's success. But there are so, so many places to advertise, so I need some way of knowing that spending money will have some effect.

Sorry to hear about your health issues! Best wishes for getting on top of all of that.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1001nightspress said:
Just an observation ... I went to check out the first few books mentioned to see their Amazon rankings, but not a one of them had a direct Amazon link. Do you have any way of tracking how many sales might be resulting from a mention on your site? Or at least click throughs, or something? That's always what I check first when I decide where to spend my advertising dollars--how are the books mentioned there doing? Of course I know a lot of factors go into a book's success. But there are so, so many places to advertise, so I need some way of knowing that spending money will have some effect.

Sorry to hear about your health issues! Best wishes for getting on top of all of that.
I can tell you that the site has averaged over 2000 views a month at times. I've had advertised authors tell me that they saw spikes in sales, but I have no concrete sales numbers. Each post is sent out to a network of blog feeds, and to Twitter. My Questionnaire form provides for authors to provide their book links, but many don't do it. This one did have an Amazon link, by the way.

Oh, and my new ad code will give me some numbers on the click-through rate on ads.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
What genres work best on your site? You have the awesomely-titled Zombie George Washington in your credits, so I'm wondering if similar horror/scifi does well at the 'Spotlight.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The one thing about our reading audience is that we have readers of all genres. I once had a reader complain because we had several books in one genre in a row, but when I explained that that was only because of the order of submissions received and nothing intentional, she was happy. I think we average more genre fiction than anything, but we get a good variety of everything. We also blast out direct to Kindles for those who subscribe.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
**Please note: I have also added this text to the first post in this thread**

Hello everybody!

Sorry for my recent absence, but I have been sick for the last few months, and even spent thirteen days in the hospital back in May. I am still dealing with some issues, however I am better, at least enough that I am trying to get back to work on some things, at least. Because of my illness, I have been unable to keep The Indie Spotlight active for the last several months. However, now I am ready to get the website going again, but because of the time, expense, and overwhelming popularity of this website, and the amount of work necessary to maintain it, I am adopting a new business model.From now on, I am charging $5.00 US to post your book to the website. But the post, as always, will be permanent, and will also be blasted out over Facebook and Twitter. Posts will not be pre-scheduled. Now. Instead, books will be posted within 3 days of receipt of the questionnaire following payment via Fiverr.com. Once you pay and drop me an email, I will send you the questionnaire to fill out.

Despite my recent absence, The Indie Spotlight is currently getting an average of 2,500 hits a day, as you can review on our public stats page here.

So please, let The Indie Spotlight help you to spread the word about your book to our international audience of readers who are eager to read fresh, new content.

The Indie Spotlight: Where the Indie Author Shines

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Hey, Greg,

hope you are feeling better!

Be sure to create a listing in our new self-service Yellow Pages! If you had a listing in the old yellow pages, it's been migrated to this one, but might need updating.

http://kboards.com/yp

Betsy

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
travelinged said:
I find the link to your stats, but no link to your website!! Your web link is to another site. How do I get there?
Sorry about that! Here's the link!

http://www.theindiespotlight.com/

Betsy the Quilter said:
Hey, Greg,

hope you are feeling better!

Be sure to create a listing in our new self-service Yellow Pages! If you had a listing in the old yellow pages, it's been migrated to this one, but might need updating.

http://kboards.com/yp

Betsy
Thanks, Betsy! I will add it to the Yellow Pages, since it doesn't appear to be there. I'm also working on a new website I'll tell everyone about very soon.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just want to remind people about the Indie Spotlight (see first post in this thread). We're still getting lots of traffic and authors are starting to find it on Fiverr. Let me help you promote your book too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts