I received this in an email from Joe Dacy and have his permission to share it.
Well, the campaign is over and the results are in. As promised I am presenting those results and my thoughts in the hope that you will benefit from my efforts:
Countdown Deal Set at $0.99 for seven days (160 hours) Feb. 13-19
(My sincere thanks to all of your who participated in this effort!)
Book Tweeter ($51.00) - 5 Days Tweeting (*)
EBookBooster ($30.00) - Submit to 30 free/discounted promotional sites (*)
EBook Promoter ($.9.99) - Huge number of tweets (Ongoing) (*)
Three Fiverrs ($21.50) -Tweeting/Facebook Placements
Amazon Campaign ($0) - More on that later
(*) Would use again
459,957 Accounts Reached
1,368,336 Accounts Reached (Not Unique)
Booktweeter.com (Best analytics)
Total tweets and retweets: 100
Number of confirmed link clicks: 1,147
Amazon Ad Campaign.
664 Impressions / NO link clicks.
FRI Feb 13 - 8 Rank: #31,153
SAT Feb 14 - 1 Rank: #71,300
SUN Feb 15 - 12 Rank: #23,237 (best day)
MON Feb 16 - 1 Rank: #58,044
TUE Feb 17 - 3 Rank: #53,272
WED Feb 18 - 3 Rank: #65,437
THU Feb 19 - 0 Rank: #11,789
Obviously these results are, to be charitable, below expectation. I have garnered several lessons from this:
· All of this tweeting doesn't seem to be as effective as we all might hope.
· The campaign was too long. The next time I do this (which will be in about three months) I'm going to limit the number of days to no more than three (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
· I don't think there were enough reviews on the current listing and the single, misapplied one-star review certainly didn't help.
· The Amazon Ad Campaign was useless but I made a mistake by limiting the customer range, which I'll correct when the current campaign ends on March 6
· Paid promotional efforts need to be more focused.
Goals for the Next Three Months
· Acquire (many) more reviews
· Continue certain promotional campaigns to keep the book "active." I've chosen BookViral, BooksGoSocial and EbookPromoter to accomplish this
· Investigate other resources. (If you have any ideas in that regard I'd be happy to hear them!)
· Finish Book III
I hope this presentation will help you.
And now I #amwriting!