Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
and the prices look much nicer than some of the ones out already. Makes it a bit easier to go out on a limb and try one. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the brown leather grain cover and received it today. It is really lovely and the pictures online were a bit inaccurate. The inside is a very plush medium grey suede. I was really worried that the inside would be lighter colored and therefore more prone to dirt but that wasn't the case. The outside of the case is a really nice grain leather. It folds back flat. It has an elastic catch you can use to secure it when its folded back which I choose not to use as its not really necessary. Would prefer it didn't have elastic corners but other than that its perfect. Fold flat when closed also and weighs 6 ounces. If anyone has had a cole haan cover that is how it feels. Very plush, padded suede and at $60 less. I have had trouble settling on a case as any case over 7 ounces I find to be unacceptably heavy plus I like a simple book cover look with no pockets perferably and I really like the look of not having any straps or snap closures so I am very satisfied with this cover and it will now be my main cover I will use.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
That looks really nice with your skin. Thanks for posting the pics, I like when I get to see other peoples cover choices.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Lisanr - How does this compare with the medge go covers, besides the use of elastic corners instead of hinges and the elastic closure?  I was wondering about padding thickness, overall thickness, leather quality, stitching, etc.  did you remove the elastic closure or just not use it?  I been thinking about a very simple leather cover with no pockets, etc., have been thinking about the go...would love to hear your thoughts...thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pawlaw aka MXCIX said:
Lisanr - How does this compare with the medge go covers, besides the use of elastic corners instead of hinges and the elastic closure? I was wondering about padding thickness, overall thickness, leather quality, stitching, etc. did you remove the elastic closure or just not use it? I been thinking about a very simple leather cover with no pockets, etc., have been thinking about the go...would love to hear your thoughts...thanks!
It has a lot of padding. Some sort of foam padding under the suede. Makes it feel very nice and comfortable in the hands. It has a slim profile but I would say very protective. Because of the padding I would say more than the amazon cover. I like the no pockets, simple design. I didn't take out the elastic that can hold it back. The kindle just sits under it. I just didn't feel it was necessary but its there if I change my mind. Personally I find m-edge covers to be too heavy. This cover is 6 ounces, comfortable to hold and protective. I have an m-edge go cover sitting here that is supposed to be slimmer and lighter than there other covers yet its 8.6 ounces. M-edge seems to overkill the protection by putting as stiff and heavy paperboard in there covers as possible. That's my opinion, clearly others like there covers. I'm not an expert on leather but I would say about the same or better as m-edge. I really like the look of the leather on this cover with the broken in grain look. And the inside is either suede or a good imitator. Also the grey color inside is darker than m-edge which I think is good for keeping it clean looking. Hope that helps a bit!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Lisanr said:
It has a lot of padding. Some sort of foam padding under the suede. Makes it feel very nice and comfortable in the hands. It has a slim profile but I would say very protective. Because of the padding I would say more than the amazon cover. I like the no pockets, simple design. I didn't take out the elastic that can hold it back. The kindle just sits under it. I just didn't feel it was necessary but its there if I change my mind. Personally I find m-edge covers to be too heavy. This cover is 6 ounces, comfortable to hold and protective. I have an m-edge go cover sitting here that is supposed to be slimmer and lighter than there other covers yet its 8.6 ounces. M-edge seems to overkill the protection by putting as stiff and heavy paperboard in there covers as possible. That's my opinion, clearly others like there covers. I'm not an expert on leather but I would say about the same or better as m-edge. I really like the look of the leather on this cover with the broken in grain look. And the inside is either suede or a good imitator. Also the grey color inside is darker than m-edge which I think is good for keeping it clean looking. Hope that helps a bit!
Thanks so much...that helps a lot! I may give this cover a try...:)

·
Registered
601 Posts
O.k. still checking these out.  I went to amazon and they now have something called river nubuck in black in the zippered version.  I really would love to have the folder type version, not the zipper, but I couldn't find any way to reach them either by phone or email...

Lisanr - is there a way to contact them?  do you happen to have a phone number?  I was really wondering if they would have the nubuck in the folder version...thanks much! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts