Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Love my Kindle don't think I could live without her now.  Oh by the way her name is Lucy  (you know as in "Lucy you have some splannin to do") ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Teton and Lucy! Glad to have you here...

How does the Whispernet work in Wyoming? I've heard reports that it is spotty.

L

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Welcome

Love my Kindle and so Thankful that it works here in Jackson.  When it first arrived here Whispernet did not work.  Spent days on the phone with Customer Service (they were great) they finally decided it wasn't going to work here in Jackson.  Then 2 days later I thought I would give it a try and what a suprise Whispernet worked.  I now have 4 friends who have put the Kindle on the x-mas wish list.  Love Love Love this thing

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have to say that when is wasn't working I almost sent it back. That was the big selling point for me that I could purchased my Kindle to beable to purchase books and have them downloaded within a minute right from the device no having to plug into the computer.  I'm just so happy that I didn't send it right back.  I have heard that some people have had some nightmare stories about Customer Service, but I have to say they were absolutely wonderful.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
tetons307 said:
Well I have to say that when is wasn't working I almost sent it back. That was the big selling point for me that I could purchased my Kindle to beable to purchase books and have them downloaded within a minute right from the device no having to plug into the computer. I'm just so happy that I didn't send it right back. I have heard that some people have had some nightmare stories about Customer Service, but I have to say they were absolutely wonderful.
To be honest, if Whispernet didn't work here it wouldn't be a big deal for me. It is so easy to drop and drag when it's hooked up to the computer, kind of like a flash drive...zip zip :)))

I've only had a positive experience with cs at Amazon...for another electronic gadget a few years ago. I was sent a "return"...you know, open the box and the cords, etc. aren't pristine in their twist ties. The gal who helped me was very apologetic and I was sent a new one overnight :))

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I think some of the people who have horror stories about customer service call with an attitude and they just get the encounter off on the wrong foot. I have interacted with CS maybe half a dozen times and every single time they have been extremely courteous. The call doesn't end until they have solved the problem to my satisfaction, which they always have.

L

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leslie I agree with you I had 3 different customer services people calling me a couple of times a day to try and help me with my problem. 

1 - 13 of 13 Posts